Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: That whole #metoo thing

I have a duty to report certain incidents if they occur in the workplace, although that's primarily related to accidents I believe. Thankfully this is one area I am not an expert in.

Just because they're adults doesn't mean there couldn't still he a duty to report.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I'd argue the difference between reporting to the campus and reporting it to the police is that making a false claim tot he campus doesn't lean to potential jail sentences but a false police report can. To me that means if the # of accusations to the campus is higher than to the police you got a 'cry wolf' situation on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I'd argue the difference between reporting to the campus and reporting it to the police is that making a false claim tot he campus doesn't lean to potential jail sentences but a false police report can. To me that means if the # of accusations to the campus is higher than to the police you got a 'cry wolf' situation on your hands.
    It could mean any number of things, anything from a lack of trust in the police, to not wanting to become involved in a public criminal case, to varying levels of not wanting to totally ruin the life of the accused. Stop with the fucking tunnel vision on these things.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

It could mean any number of things, anything from a lack of trust in the police, to not wanting to become involved in a public criminal case, to varying levels of not wanting to totally ruin the life of the accused. Stop with the fucking tunnel vision on these things.
    Just curious, but do you think Crystal Mangum should have been charged for what she did to the Duke Lacross players?

Don't be ridiculous! Or it could be that the VICTIM simply finds reporting to campus easier or any other of a multitude of reasons.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Just curious, but do you think Crystal Mangum should have been charged for what she did to the Duke Lacross players?
    She still maintains that she was assaulted. I don't have the details, and your wiki link doesn't provide them, for how badly constructed the accusation was and how it fell apart. I believe things should have been handled better by every level of law enforcement that had a hand in this case, including looking into filing a false report. I do know that when the charges were dropped, they were dropped under the line of "insufficient evidence."

Now I'm sure someone as messed up in the head as you is just foaming at the mouth for receiving such a non-answer. But you also have to remember that whatever level of proof you require for rape, you need to also require for false rape claims.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Just curious, but do you think a one off exceptional and sensational case over a decade ago is truly representative of the mundane cases that occur on a regular basis?

I wonder if you could have a discussion on this subject without using the word Lacrosse.

Now we are talking!

http://www.kxii.com/content/news/Den...436796603.html

"Harmon faces up to 32 years in prison if convicted on all counts."

This may be a relevant piece:

http://www.slate.com/articles/double...arassment.html

I thought parts of it were problematic, but there's a reasonable kernel in there that's worth considering.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

"If I had not been interested in my husband’s advances, would that have been harassment?"

Yes. If you read that from an 'uninterested' pov, it's harassment.

The trouble lies in figuring out flirting. Sometimes men think women are just acting 'hard to get'. Even tho they've been given the cold shoulder, they continue to flirt. Or they interpret things wrong, like the blouse or skirt she's wearing, is some sort of invitation for more flirting.

Well, try a relationship with a borderliner
    Congratulations America

A top congressional ethics official who oversees investigations into misconduct by lawmakers is accused in a federal lawsuit of verbally abusing and physically assaulting women and using his federal position to influence local law enforcement, according to a complaint filed in a federal court in Pennsylvania last month.
    http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/12/14/...saulting-women
    Hope is the denial of reality