Thread: Fry 'em

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Not sure if I'm not being clear or if you are deliberately misinterpreting. The person who is in prison *currently* is not there due to future crimes. They are there for past crimes. The decision on how long the sentence should be should absolutely consider the likelihood of the person re-offending. Do you disagree with that notion?
    No. You cannot consider actions they have not been convicted of when determining the penal response to the acts they have been convicted of. Innocent and guilt is not a state of being, Lewk. It is a description of a person's relation to specific acts. You are not an innocent person or a guilty person. You are innocent of doing x, or guilty of doing y.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    No. You cannot consider actions they have not been convicted of when determining the penal response to the acts they have been convicted of. Innocent and guilt is not a state of being, Lewk. It is a description of a person's relation to specific acts. You are not an innocent person or a guilty person. You are innocent of doing x, or guilty of doing y.
    Bull shit. If that were the case they wouldn't bother with parole boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Bull shit. If that were the case they wouldn't bother with parole boards.
    Why not? See my comment about rehabilitation.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"