Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
Do I keep a list of laws on the books and the ways in which the GOP very much does not act to see them rigorously enforced? No. I read. I see material about inaction by the GOP in Congress, in various states whose news I pay attention. I see it again and again. But you've just demonstrated that you are going to quibble and wriggle with any examples any of us do bother to come up with. Your mind is, in fact, quite made up.

"Rigorously enforce what's already on the books" is an empty slogan. Even if taken at face value it's pretty much just a means of passing the buck because legislatures have very little to do with enforcement besides giving actual enforcers sharp teeth to use. . . and you think that counts as "new laws" in the first place.
If by any examples you mean the single example that was provided by OG, then sure, I've quibbled and wriggled my way out of them all. I'm not quite sure I understand or appreciate your animosity, and I'm sorry you seem to feel as though further discussion would be unproductive. That was hardly my intent, though you clearly feel otherwise. For what it is worth, my mind is hardly made up. I have quite strong opinions about liberty and the second amendment, but would be open to legislation that would more proactively and aggressively keep guns out of the hands of felons, domestic abusers, and the dangerously mentally ill. A view which I believe is likely shared by most Americans, left, right, and center. The devil, as always, seems to be in the details. I don't believe the Obama rule that was presented as evidence in this thread would have been a good or effective rule; it represented an incredibly small population, many of which are likely not dangerous in any meaningful way, and would have prevented few if any of the mass shootings that I can think of, but maybe I'm missing something.