Thread: Another Bozo f*ck up, but this time it's not a joke

Default Another Bozo f*ck up, but this time it's not a joke

According to this article the clown in charge of the British FO has landed a British citizen already charged with spying in Iran with a second charge which could add years to the sentences demanded against her.

I wonder Randblade, how much damage caused by this incompetent liar are you going to put up with before you feel he has to go?
    Congratulations America

BoJo has a very vivid imagination about how Brexit is going to play out, so never.

I'd like it if he fucked off forever, though.

#britishpoliticsinanutshell
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    BoJo has a very vivid imagination about how Brexit is going to play out, so never.

I'd like it if he fucked off forever, though.

#britishpoliticsinanutshell
    For a change this wasn't about the fuckwad's Brexit lies, it was about his stupidity getting a woman already in hot water over espionage charges in more trouble by stating in Parliament that she'd been breaking Iranian law merely by teaching journalism. Which in Iran comes with a 5 year prison sentence if you do it without prior authorization. What is perfectly legal in your country can actually get you in prison in a theocratic semi-dictatorship. You'd have hoped that the man in charge of foreign policies be aware of that and would have thought before he started talking.
    Congratulations America

I have to say, his reaction has been one of the most contemptible things I've seen in UK politics for a while. He fucked up badly. Like, resigning badly. Instead of scrambling to fix his mistake he ignored the problem for 6 days, then issued a self-serving non-apology/'clarification' that didn't even admit error.

It's pretty clear that behind his 'lol wacky absent minded toff, so funny' exterior he's genuinely a piece of shit.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Wonder whether May will be able to muster up enough courage to have him or Patel fired.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Wonder whether May will be able to muster up enough courage to have him or Patel fired.
    I doubt she has the guts to give the boot to two Breximaniacs.
    Congratulations America

Patel is probably going to get fired. Johnson not so much.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Patel is probably going to get fired. Johnson not so much.
    According to the Independent all that's keeping in the cabinet at the moment is that May hasn't seen her yet. Civil servants at the Dfid appearantly have already been told they're going to get a new minister.
    Congratulations America

Oh wow, how elegant, she got to resign.
    Congratulations America

Oh God. Mordaunt

Gove. Your ass. The sea. Now.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    That was the correct diplomatic answer than Boris should have given originally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    But it was the answer he did not give. And then he lied again about the answer he did give. The man is a lazy slob unfit for any office, and yet he is representing you abroad and undermining your goverment as it tries to negotiate its way through Brexit.
    Congratulations America

Not a good answer given the recent weekly-Boris-screw-up though.

In this instance he should have said "My understanding is that she was on holiday with her daughter visiting relatives".

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    But it was the answer he did not give. And then he lied again about the answer he did give. The man is a lazy slob unfit for any office, and yet he is representing you abroad and undermining your goverment as it tries to negotiate its way through Brexit.
    No shit Sherlock. Hence why I said "should have given".
    Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    Not a good answer given the recent weekly-Boris-screw-up though.

In this instance he should have said "My understanding is that she was on holiday with her daughter visiting relatives".
    He was probably advised not to say anything and for good reason, there was little he could say to help the situation and by speaking about it might only make the situation worse.

Its interesting to note that officially the UK should not be getting involved in this situation at all. As she's dual-national Iranian-British the official policy is that the UK won't give any consular assistance to a dual-national who is in the other nation.
    https://www.gov.uk/dual-citizenship
    Travelling abroad
    As a dual national you can’t get diplomatic help from the British government when you are in the other country where you hold citizenship.

For example, if you hold both British and Chinese citizenship you can’t get diplomatic help from the UK when you’re in China.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

He was probably advised not to say anything and for good reason.
    If that were the case I would have expected the tried and tested "I can't comment on an existing investigation" type line. Bread and butter stuff.

Its interesting to note that officially the UK should not be getting involved in this situation at all. As she's dual-national Iranian-British the official policy is that the UK won't give any consular assistance to a dual-national who is in the other nation.
    Well, BoJo certainly isn't offering any assistance so at least he's sticking to his mandate...

Actually the position of the government of the United Kingdom is that she was on vacation and nothing else. How hard is that to remember? Appearantly very hard for the clowns that must pass for cabinet ministers these days. Bozo told she was guilty as charged and now Gove says that he didn't know. Where the right answer is a matter of government policy.
    Congratulations America

Yeah, seriously, if someone is charged with being a spy and they say they were just in the country on holiday, and a minister says "Well, I have no idea what she was doing over there" then that's not exactly a good look.

Fucking clowns the both of them.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Sounds like its money we owe them anyway and while we don't officially pay ransoms this sounds like a quid pro quo where everyone wins.

The blame for her incarceration which has already been going on for well over a year before any of us heard her name lies entirely with Iran and their illiberal theocratic system. The irony is if Johnson hadn't put his foot in his mouth then she wouldn't have got all this publicity and if she is released soon it may be entirely due to Boris's mistake. Weird.

She was eligible for early release at the end of this month (or last month, I forget the details), then Boris opened his stupid mouth and hardline elements in the Iranian government used it as an excuse come up with some new charges which added another 16 years onto her sentence, meaning she was no longer eligible for early release.

All because Boris probably just couldn't be bothered to read the briefing notes the foreign office gave him before speaking.

And don't even try that "well, isn't the real culprit here Iran?" line you're thinking of.

I can see future you, as you read this, just thinking about how you can shift the blame off of Boris Johnson with that one.

Well, you can't.

Yes, Iran is a shitty government and acts shittily. It is part of Boris's job, as foreign secretary, to be aware of that, be aware of the particulars of the situation he's commenting on, and choose his words accordingly especially when the safety of a British citizen is on the line. And he didn't.

So don't even try it.

Alright?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come