Thread: The Uncounted

Default The Uncounted

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...irstrikes.html

Jesus. No matter how bad you think things are, it's usually worse.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Hasn't it always been this way? Maybe it feels worse because modern technology has cameras on soldiers' helmets, or drones flying overhead taking pictures, and it's all posted on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Hasn't it always been this way? Maybe it feels worse because modern technology has cameras on soldiers' helmets, or drones flying overhead taking pictures, and it's all posted on the internet
    Actually, it used to be far, far worse.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Quite true. That being said, I'm not really fond of the apparent mendacity from the coalition forces and their pr flacks.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

There's probably a movie for that

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    The civilian toll has been worse. What disturbs me is that apologists aren't bothered by what might at best be described as negligence, at worst deliberate lying. We can't evaluate the coalition forces' performance without reliable information, and their mistakes--as well as their questionable handling of the mistakes--risk unnecessarily making things worse eg. by completely alienating the civilian population. In addition to just being shitty and unjust.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Hasn't it always been this way?