Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 96

Thread: Screw the Swiss

  1. #1

    Default Screw the Swiss

    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/382011...-entertainment

    Sticking up for child molester... reaaal nice. What a stupid moronic country. This monster should have been dropped into the general population and raped in a prisons shower.

    The guy drugged and raped a child. Then fled the country after disagreeing with the judge. What the hell is the point in having an extradition treaty if isn't honored?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Flixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,854
    From what I read about it, the US refused to reveal legal documents the Swiss needed. Contrary to what you believe, everybody, including (alleged) rapists, deserve a fair hearing before extradition. If the US fucks it up by not providing the required information, it is their fault, really. So screw your justice department, I suppose.

    Or would you want any country to extradite anyone just because another country asks? (Or just to the USA?)
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

  3. #3
    Too slow Lewk

    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Polanski is a free man again.
    Thanks largely because the US wouldn't open up on how badly they fucked up with the original case 30 years ago (thats the WTF part).
    Sadly you're making the same idiotic mistake that came up in the original thread. He didn't plead guilty to anything except sex with a minor, and thus far hasn't been found guilty of the other charges you mentioned.

    But you're lewk, completely unable to understand concepts like "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law"
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 07-12-2010 at 03:35 PM.

  4. #4
    He entered a guilty plea. He also never recanted that he had sex with her. He drugged her and raped her.


    From what I read about it, the US refused to reveal legal documents the Swiss needed. Contrary to what you believe, everybody, including (alleged) rapists, deserve a fair hearing before extradition. If the US fucks it up by not providing the required information, it is their fault, really. So screw your justice department, I suppose.
    That is just a BS excuse. Here is the real reason -

    Beyond the legal confusion, Polanski's extradition is a complicated and diplomatically sensitive because of Polanski's status as a cultural icon in France and Poland
    As their own justice ministry stated....

    The Justice Ministry also said that national interests were taken into consideration in the decision,

  5. #5
    Senior Member Flixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/382011...-entertainment

    Sticking up for child molester... reaaal nice. What a stupid moronic country. This monster should have been dropped into the general population and raped in a prisons shower.

    The guy drugged and raped a child. Then fled the country after disagreeing with the judge. What the hell is the point in having an extradition treaty if isn't honored?
    This reminds me of something I've been wanting to ask you. In the past you've said that you approve of punishment of crimes not just to punish and deter and keep a criminal out of the society, but also to 'please' or 'compensate' the victims or their family, so to say. I disagree with this, I think emotions should stay out of the legal system as much as possible, and it wouldn't be fair for, say, victims who have no next of kin or friends.

    That said, in this case, the victim does not want him to be charged. I still think that in principle should not affect the justice system (although I don't support forcing victims to testify, if they don't want to because it's painful or something). But since you think punishment is for a big part there to give the victim justice.. what if the victim doesn't want it? Like here? Should the courts respect her wishes?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/382011...-entertainment

    Sticking up for child molester... reaaal nice. What a stupid moronic country. This monster should have been dropped into the general population and raped in a prisons shower.

    The guy drugged and raped a child. Then fled the country after disagreeing with the judge. What the hell is the point in having an extradition treaty if isn't honored?
    Dude, seriously, I think you should actually read the article you've linked to:

    The Oscar-winning director of "Rosemary's Baby," "Chinatown" and "The Pianist" was accused of plying his victim with champagne and part of a Quaalude during a 1977 modeling shoot and raping her. He was initially indicted [is that the same as being convicted?] on six felony counts, including rape by use of drugs, child molesting and sodomy, but pleaded guilty to one count of unlawful sexual intercourse.

    In exchange, the judge agreed to drop the remaining charges and sentence him to prison for a 90-day psychiatric evaluation. However, he was released after 42 days by an evaluator who deemed him mentally sound and unlikely to offend again. The judge responded by saying he was going to send Polanski back to jail for the remainder of the 90 days and that afterward he would ask Polanski to agree to a "voluntary deportation." Polanski then fled the country on the eve of his Feb. 1, 1978, sentencing.

    Based on references to Gunson's testimony in U.S. courts, the Swiss said it "should prove" that Polanski served his sentence after undergoing 42 days of diagnostic study.

    "If this were the case, Roman Polanski would actually have already served his sentence and therefore both the proceedings on which the U.S. extradition request is founded and the request itself would have no foundation," the ministry said.

    The Justice Ministry also said that national interests were taken into consideration in the decision, and the wishes of the victim, Samantha Geimer, who long ago publicly identified herself and has joined in Polanski's bid for dismissal.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  7. #7
    This is far from the first time the Swiss decided that their national interest entailed doing something grotesquely immoral, while providing no real military or political advantage (the supposed definition of national interest).
    Hope is the denial of reality

  8. #8
    On another note, I want to know why Lewkowski supports rape.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  9. #9
    Senior Member Flixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    He entered a guilty plea. He also never recanted that he had sex with her. He drugged her and raped her.



    That is just a BS excuse. Here is the real reason -



    As their own justice ministry stated....
    If the US wouldn't cause the 'legal confusion', I'm fairly sure they'd still have extradited him. This even surprised Polanski's lawyers.

    And related to what I posted above (nice how you cut out that part of the line):


    The Justice Ministry also said that national interests were taken into consideration in the decision, and the wishes of the victim, Samantha Geimer, who long ago publicly identified herself and has joined in Polanski's bid for dismissal.
    Curious what you would think about that.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

  10. #10
    So, we're really talking about Polanksi needing to come back to the US to serve, um, 48 days?

    Clearly we need to invade Switzerland.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    He entered a guilty plea.
    true
    He also never recanted that he had sex with her.
    true, hence the single guilty plea of sex with a minor
    He drugged her and raped her.
    and this is when you go batshit retarded

  12. #12
    I was just told that the reason the Swiss might have taken Polanski into custody originally was to gain leverage in the Swiss bank deal with the US. Since the deal has been agreed to a month ago (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a4a60edc-7...44feabdc0.html), they have no reason to continue playing this game. It's hard to expect more from people who refuse to return money and art to the families of Holocaust victims.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    So, we're really talking about Polanksi needing to come back to the US to serve, um, 48 days?
    If anything Lewkowski should be in a rage over the American system that sentenced a man to 90 days for getting a 13-y-o drunk in order to have sex with her, but he's naturally more interested in trolling European members on this forum.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  14. #14
    And Jesus said "Let he who is with sin rape the first rapist" ...

  15. #15
    Bleh, mixed on this. It seems manifestly stupid that the US couldn't/wouldn't supply the paperwork needed. The first Swiss news releases on this said their extradition decisions are very narrowly focused on procedural issues.

    But now that statements are coming out about Swiss "national interest", I also can't avoid the feeling that the US didn't release the info because they felt the Swiss government was going to make a political decision anyway.

    But the idea that some are clapping about this is pretty sick to me -- he did drug and rape her. And while one could plea that down to a very short sentence in the US back in the 1970s, it's hard to avoid the feeling that justice got perverted on all sides on this (regardless of what the victim now things, possibly after a civil settlement).

  16. #16
    and this is when you go batshit retarded
    He drugged her and raped her. I suggest you look up the definitions of the words.


    So, we're really talking about Polanksi needing to come back to the US to serve, um, 48 days?
    Would have been a hell of a lot longer then that. We could have got him for running and since he never carried out his sentence we could have got him on contempt charges AND probably re-sentenced him because it was probationary.

    This reminds me of something I've been wanting to ask you. In the past you've said that you approve of punishment of crimes not just to punish and deter and keep a criminal out of the society, but also to 'please' or 'compensate' the victims or their family, so to say
    Actually the order is incorrect. Deterrence is first, then justice and finally giving closure to victims.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    If anything Lewkowski should be in a rage over the American system that sentenced a man to 90 days for getting a 13-y-o drunk in order to have sex with her, but he's naturally more interested in trolling European members on this forum.
    No, he drugged and raped her. The fact that you're downplaying the act speaks volumes.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  18. #18
    I am not happy with this, but the US had really enough time to provide the papers. Of course those papers are probably not that important, but they gave the possibility to refuse the delivery. The US have known that Polanski will not be delivered if the formalities are not flawless.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    It's hard to expect more from people who refuse to return money and art to the families of Holocaust victims.
    Why don't you just go and fuck yourself. Honestly.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

  19. #19
    Just Floatin... termite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Land of Milk & Honey
    Posts
    1,213
    Lewk long since lost any credibility on most issues but advocating rape as a punishment for an alleged rapist has got to rate highly on the dumbfuckometer.

    I have no sympathy for Polanski, he admitted having sex with a minor and somehow conned a judge into letting him have a vacation in a psych ward instead of doing hard time. However, the major fuck ups in all this have come from the US legal system. It would appear that your system is designed to allow those with money and influence get away with theft, rape and murder and so long as your system insists on encouraging plea bargaining to the nth degree it will continue to create disastrous cases like this one.

    And Loki, don't be a fucking imbecile for fuck sake man grow up.
    Such is Life...

  20. #20
    When Polanski was arrested I wanted to see him punished. I think its insane the US Justice Department refused to hand over the papers required for extradition. That modern failure on top of the originally insane sentencing decades ago mean trying to blame the Swiss is stupid and dishonest.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    Lewk long since lost any credibility on most issues but advocating rape as a punishment for an alleged rapist has got to rate highly on the dumbfuckometer.
    It would actually be sorta interesting if he had advocated rape as a punishment for rape.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    No, he drugged and raped her. The fact that you're downplaying the act speaks volumes.
    I suppose I should clarify that I think 90 days of puttering around in a psych ward is an absurdly light and useless sentence for a serious crime such as that of getting a minor drunk in order to have sex with her. At best he's a dangerous criminal, at worst a dangerously disturbed person. That's why I think Lewkowski should be in a rage over the American system that sentenced a man to 90 days psych for a crime that Lewkowski would prefer answer with prison-rape, and that couldn't even be arsed to produce the paperwork necessary to finally get him back after thirty years of trying. You can whine about the Swiss all you like, but you are the bumbling idiots and pedophile-enablers here Loki. Yes, especially you. Meanwhile, Lewkowski is just trolling and it seems he's in good company.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    It would actually be sorta interesting if he had advocated rape as a punishment for rape.
    It would be bizarre. Love the sinner, hate the sin, and all that. Rape is still a sin.

    It'd probably also be very satisfying for the rapists, and I dunno why Lewk should give them that pleasure. Nor do I know why he should want to encourage that kind of behaviour considering the likelihood of several of those rapists getting back out into society again.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  24. #24
    It would actually be sorta interesting if he had advocated rape as a punishment for rape.
    Did you miss the prison shower thing?
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    Did you miss the prison shower thing?
    ...here is what earthJoker is referring to:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    This monster should have been dropped into the general population and raped in a prisons shower.

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    He drugged her and raped her. I suggest you look up the definitions of the words.
    This is what he was originally charged with (along with more), but not found guilty of. The only charge the prosecuters plea bargained him into was Unlawful Sexual Intercourse, i.e. sex with a minor, i.e. statutory rape. None of that involves drugging, or alcohol.
    The following lawsuit was settled, so no additional guilt from that.

    Its how the law works Lewk, you can't claim someone is guilty of everything they are charged with because of a plea bargain. Not happy with that? Thats great, but it doesn't give you an excuse to pull shit out of your ass.

    EDIT:
    Goes for Loki's and Dread's bullshit too.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 07-13-2010 at 02:06 PM.

  27. #27
    Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the forests of the night
    Posts
    5,971
    Y'know, for once I'd really like to see Lewk in the center of a process. He'd feel pretty differently if he was wrongly accused of, say, child-molestation. Because that's one accusation you can never walk away from, even if you're clearly found to be not guilty.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

  28. #28
    Just Floatin... termite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Land of Milk & Honey
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    This monster should have been dropped into the general population and raped in a prisons shower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    It would actually be sorta interesting if he had advocated rape as a punishment for rape.
    Seems pretty cut and dried.
    Such is Life...

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    I am not happy with this, but the US had really enough time to provide the papers. Of course those papers are probably not that important, but they gave the possibility to refuse the delivery. The US have known that Polanski will not be delivered if the formalities are not flawless.
    Can I take it the Swiss have the same high standards for all extradition requests? Or just for pedophile rapists who happen to own property in Switzerland?

    Why don't you just go and fuck yourself. Honestly.
    Aw, a Swiss got upset that somebody doesn't think they should get a pass for their role in the Nazi regime. At least the Germans did their best to make up for their mistakes. The Swiss are still in denial. Then again, this is the same country whose economy depends on deposits from corporate thieves and dictators.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  30. #30
    "High standards"
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •