Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Can American conservatism survive intact & unadulterated?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Who is playing Giuliani? Excellent work. SNL has gotten quite good at these.

0:32 is my favourite.
    This one's for you:

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Who is playing Giuliani? Excellent work. SNL has gotten quite good at these.

0:32 is my favourite.
    hooooly crap you weren't kidding mate

It's exasperating and it shouldn't be the case but. . . this is in many ways analogous to recognizing Taiwan or putting your embassy in Jerusalem rather than Tel Aviv. There is a clear reality but there is just nothing to be gained by them making formal de jure recognition of that reality right now. This situation at least has a time limit.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    There is a clear reality but there is just nothing to be gained by them making formal de jure recognition of that reality right now.
    I mean, sure, if you don't give a shit about the integrity of the American political system.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    It's exasperating and it shouldn't be the case but. . . this is in many ways analogous to recognizing Taiwan or putting your embassy in Jerusalem rather than Tel Aviv. There is a clear reality but there is just nothing to be gained by them making formal de jure recognition of that reality right now. This situation at least has a time limit.
    I think a closer analogy would be to an Israeli politician refusing to recognize Jerusalem as the Israeli capital. Or more accurately, 90% of a major party.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I think a closer analogy would be to an Israeli politician refusing to recognize Jerusalem as the Israeli capital. Or more accurately, 90% of a major party.
    My guess is that more than 90% of the Joint List would do exactly that.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    My guess is that more than 90% of the Joint List would do exactly that.
    I was thinking of the Joint List when I wrote that. I think we know how the party is treated by the Jewish part of Israeli society.

I was thinking of the Joint List when I wrote that. I think we know how the party is treated by the Jewish part of Israeli society.
    They have 15 seats in the Knesset and are the third largest party. I think they count as a major party... especially now that there are signs that they're considering working with other parties. I frankly wouldn't be shocked to see them become power brokers in a few more election cycles, taking a similar role that Shas has in the past. If Likud is willing to overlook their anti-Zionism, elements of the Joint List might be willing to overlook Likud's racism and policies towards Palestinians... if it gives them a bigger slice of the pie.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

My point is that all the other parties refuse to work with them (granted, that goes in both directions). Most Jewish Israelis view them as one step away from traitors. Yet an American party that is far more threatening to American democracy and national interests still maintains some credibility.

And pretends to be the patriot party instead of the traitor party.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

So the supporters of a party like them and the supporters of their opponents view them as borderline traitors? Sounds pretty standard nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    I mean, sure, if you don't give a shit about the integrity of the American political system.
    Except for each of those individuals, recognizing reality is not going to make the slightest iota of difference to the integrity of the Amercan political system. En masse yes, but they're not looking at it as a monolith, just like countries don't look at Taiwan or Jerusalem as a world-collective. And as individuals, no one is going to positively remember or care two years from now that they spoke up and said Biden won. There will be those that negatively remember though.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Yes, they're all careerists and cowards. And that is precisely how other countries got the kind of governments we read about in history books.

Or they know exactly what they're doing, and undermining democracy in the US is precisely the point.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

And it continues:

American conservatism thriving:

As long as those damned out of their mind people keep donating, this will continue.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    American conservatism thriving:

I liked the one this guy had below it. We actually sell those "My Pillow" pillows in my store. People ask me about them and because I'm not allowed to badmouth our products I can't be honest, I have to just try and guide them to other items. But it really is an affinity crime. They're shitty products sold at an inflated price and people buy them because they're advertised in conservative and Christian circles and the owner bills himself as one of them.

The essence of modern American conservatism distilled into a single Ben Garrison image:

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    I don't personally see anything overtly racist there. That kind of colorization occurs regularly in attack ads across the country, regardless of the skin color of the opponent. It's almost always the case that the opponent is portrayed with heightened contrast and decreased saturation, (if not completely desaturated colors) while the candidate the ad is supporting is shown with vibrant colors, (often in nature) with soft diffuse lighting.

Is it also typical to enlarge your opponent's nose?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    Indeed, if you are a rabid anti-semite.
    Congratulations America

Six antifa Republican lawmakers involved in the derphead insurrection:

Republicans are sad and stupid: