Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Can American conservatism survive intact & unadulterated?

When they can't run on policy they always fall back on culture wars. Just look at lewk.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I don't know what's worse—that american conservatives are so ridiculously racist, or that they're just so fucking boring

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Dipshit caucus:

https://twitter.com/RepAndyBiggsAZ/s...041637888?s=20

Meh much ado about nothing, I don't see how voting for the resolution leads to us going to war there, but I also don't see how passing the resolution really accomplishes anything but showmanship either.

I.e., there is no sane reason for voting against this resolution. One that doesn't involve trying to normalize coups.
    Hope is the denial of reality

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    https://twitter.com/RepAndyBiggsAZ/s...041637888?s=20

Meh much ado about nothing, I don't see how voting for the resolution leads to us going to war there, but I also don't see how passing the resolution really accomplishes anything but showmanship either.

The guy condemns what is going on there in his tweet. Which is all the resolution was doing. But he couldn't bring himself to vote for the resolution. Because. . . it goes against his principles to condemn Myanmar when there are Democrats in the room? I don't get it.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...guez-election/

Surprise, surprise, which party do you think committed fraud in the election?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post

Oh wow, I was hoping but not expecting to see anyone charged for that bizarre scheme... there were a few other unusually weird sham candidates this election—maybe some of their patrons got sloppy, too.

Would be interesting to see which parties put up or benefit the most from sham candidates, overall. I think the overall balance might be a little less skewed.

Well that's pretty damning. Although there is some genius in the simplicity of the sham.

~

If Artiles and his fake GOP candidate are convicted, would that mean the 6k votes are discounted? Which would mean ... the seat is reversed and given back to the Democrat Rodriguez?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

I highly doubt that, I think it's final (unless the winner resigns).

There will be no consequences, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Well that's pretty damning. Although there is some genius in the simplicity of the sham.

~

If Artiles and his fake GOP candidate are convicted, would that mean the 6k votes are discounted? Which would mean ... the seat is reversed and given back to the Democrat Rodriguez?
    No. The votes were legally cast. If the winner were directly implicated in the scheme they could be impeached/recalled/unseated (particularly if they were convicted and sitting in jail, can't do much representing there) but it would just fall to the governor to appoint someone to temporarily take over the seat and maybe see a special election to fill the rest of the term. Not sure what the Florida standard is.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/22/p...aud/index.html

Sidney Powell argues in new court filing that no reasonable people would believe her election fraud claims

Washington (CNN)Right-wing lawyer Sidney Powell is claiming in a new court filing that reasonable people wouldn't have believed as fact her assertions of fraud after the 2020 presidential election.

The election infrastructure company Dominion Voting Systems sued Powell for defamation after she pushed lawsuits and made appearances in conservative media on behalf of then-President Donald Trump to sow doubt about the 2020 election results. Dominion claims that Powell knew her election fraud accusations were false and hurtful to the company.
    In a new court filing, Powell's attorneys write that she was sharing her "opinion" and that the public could reach "their own conclusions" about whether votes were changed by election machines.

"Given the highly charged and political context of the statements, it is clear that Powell was describing the facts on which she based the lawsuits she filed in support of President Trump," Powell's defense lawyers wrote in a court filing on Monday.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

I don't get it - she was stating her opinion, while simultaneously describing them as facts a lawsuit is based on.. how can it be both?

I don't get it - she was stating her opinion, while simultaneously describing them as facts a lawsuit is based on.. how can it be both?
    "Facts" in this context don't actually have to be true. You can state your opinion on untested/unproven questions of fact.

Filing here: https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/...699.22.2_3.pdf

Sure, I get that those 'facts' are unproven at the start of a lawsuit, but surely if you know it's false that's not legal?

Then avain, this is her defense, it can be thrown out of course. Didn't Trump when he was a president also claim something similar about his tweets, and Fox something similar about their claims on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Dominion should subpoena every dumbass thats been charged for participating in Jan 6th. Especially those with ties to the police and military, lets see her defense label them all as dumbasses as they get thrown under the bus.

It's strange that Foxnews spent so much time on Sidney Powell months ago, but this story can't be found on their site.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

American conservatives are small and pathetic:

Oh for fucks sake the ACLU being silly here. They aren't banning health care for trans youth. They are banning specific things like hormone blockers and surgeries that can have life long impacts. For minors.

American conservatives—and esp. the ones that pretend to be libertarians—are really just incredibly dumb:

Rand Paul is the college libertarian even other college libertarians avoid.

The grift is strong with the NRCC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

The ideological death-spiral continues, with these derpheaded losers calling for competence tests that would entail their own immediate disenfranchisement (as well as the disenfranchisement of much of their voter-base, already a shrinking minority):

I'm beginning to think the problem with young American conservatives might be that they are, in fact, dumb:

What does that even mean
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.