Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Can American conservatism survive intact & unadulterated?

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

An overexaggerating and hyperbolic statement that is at least partially true in some states.

For a white supremacist, I'm sure the statement does ring true.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Wait, white people can't get the vaccine which is freely available and easy to get and being advocated by the government?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Wait, white people can't get the vaccine which is freely available and easy to get and being advocated by the government?
    https://nypost.com/2022/01/01/nyc-co...vid-treatment/

"The city will “consider race and ethnicity when assessing individual risk,” reads the agency’s official guidance from Dec. 20, which adds that “longstanding systemic health and social inequities” can contribute to an increased risk of dying from COVID-19.

The guidance applies to both the distribution of monoclonal antibodies and oral antivirals like Paxlovid and Molnupiravir."

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post

"The city will “consider race and ethnicity when assessing individual risk,” reads the agency’s official guidance from Dec. 20, which adds that “longstanding systemic health and social inequities” can contribute to an increased risk of dying from COVID-19.

The guidance applies to both the distribution of monoclonal antibodies and oral antivirals like Paxlovid and Molnupiravir."
    Maybe 2022 can be the year you learn to read articles before linking to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Maybe 2022 can be the year you learn to read articles before linking to them.
    Does the agency treat people differently based on race or not?

https://www.businessinsider.com/tuck...t-check-2022-1

With sources, too.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Like I said, this is something that will ring true only to a white supremacist.

This is a very simple issue. Are people being treated differently based on race?

This is a very simple issue. Are people being treated differently based on race?
    It would have been smart to read flixys sources before your racist dumbass decided to double down.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    It would have been smart ....
    You've not met Lewk?
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

Is this... is this audio undoctored
    Outrage over the word "all" missing that should be presumed anyway? Come on man...that seems racist.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

I dunno how conservatism is gonna recover from this tbh:

Mainstream American conservatives remembering the Holocaust:

Meanwhile, in Sweden:

Nancy Pelosi's soup-er scary Gazpacho Police:

American "conservatism" is rearing its ugly underbelly nationally, but it's especially troubling at the state and local level. It's like The Culture Wars on crack, enabled and amplified by kooks in their echo chambers of misinformation, and the Republican Party.

It's embarrassing to live in York County, PA with this kind of crap happening in a neighboring township/school district:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/furry-...urce=DDMorning

edit: the SCOTUS case Kitzmiller vs Dover Area School District (teaching Intelligent Design in public schools) originated in York, County, too.
    Last edited by GGT; 02-10-2022 at 06:05 PM.

Incredible.

Meanwhile, DSA is openly opposing Finland's and Sweden's NATO membership. Why can't they all just move to Moscow?

It was "Conservatives" that blocked the Equal Rights Amendment from being ratified. I think there were only 13 states left (?) to seal the deal, but now the time limit has expired and we'd have to start all over.

And when some "Conservative" states failed to pass "Personhood Amendments" (giving a zygote legal standing in order to criminalize abortion) they went to Plan B: make overturning Roe v Wade a litmus test for SC nominees, ask the Federalist Society for their list of candidates, and remind Republicans who want to keep their power (like McConnell) that their powerful donors write the agenda. [Spoiler Alert: they don't give a shit about equality or even the unborn, they just want power.]

Madison Cawthorn got primaried out. For those not following closely, you may be wondering what led to his loss to his own party. Was it his attempt to overthrow US democracy on Jan 6? Was it his unabashed admiration of Hitler? Was it his self-professed cognitive impairment? Was it that he sued the guy who saved his life? Was it literally over half of his college classmates accusing him of sexual assault? Was it his praise of Putin and support for the Russian invasion of Ukraine? Was it his advocating for a violent and bloody civil war? Was it his constant lies about his own past and just about everything else?

The answer to all those questions is no. Most of those things were known before the first time he was elected, and the modern GQP thought all of that was close enough to their views to warrant full support and elevation on the national stage.

What did him in was that he spoke in public about the Republican cocaine orgies. Snitches get stitches.

Pretty sure it was the video with his "friend." But yes, it was probably released because of the cocaine comment.

The one with him in the lingerie? I think the video of him humping his male cousin's mouth might have been more damaging, but that's probably the one you're referring to. But it was clear those things were released as retaliation for the coke orgies revelation.

I know that Cawthorn is a pathological liar, but I've decided to believe him on the cocaine orgies, mostly because the scale of the retaliation wasn't the sort that comes from baseless accusations, it was the sort that comes from people rallying to the defense of their cocaine fueled orgies.

I figured it was cause the guy he lost to just happened to come across as more in line with the expected GOP craziness. Qanon supporting, election denying, favors Trump's 1950s view of what America should be, etc.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Cawthorn did all of that too, and had Trump's endorsement. His opponent is a piece of shit too, don't get me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    The one with him in the lingerie? I think the video of him humping his male cousin's mouth might have been more damaging, but that's probably the one you're referring to. But it was clear those things were released as retaliation for the coke orgies revelation.

I know that Cawthorn is a pathological liar, but I've decided to believe him on the cocaine orgies, mostly because the scale of the retaliation wasn't the sort that comes from baseless accusations, it was the sort that comes from people rallying to the defense of their cocaine fueled orgies.
    The cousin one. Not great for the family values crowd. He didn't even claim to repent.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The cousin one. Not great for the family values crowd. He didn't even claim to repent.
    If anything it showed just how much he values family