Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post

You think George Soros being a political activist is the most enduring antisemitic meme in the book? Aimless, you are flirting with going off the deep end.
Rich and powerful Jewish boogeymen working behind the scenes to undermine the true volk with the help of a fifth column of leftist interlopers is a pretty old meme, yes. Both of these comments are clear dog-whistle references to the Soros conspiracy meme, which is just an updated iteration of the memes that previously featured names such as "Rothschild". This theory is regularly invoked by conspiracy theorists, and used in the same way they use other conspiracy theories. It has evolved organically over decades from the general antisemitic sentiment against Soros. It is regularly endorsed by prominent antisemitic and outright neo-Nazi organizations, and by notoriously antisemitic leaders such as Orban. It is exactly what it looks like.

Now, I don't much care whether or not you wish to agree with this interpretation--after all, it is entirely in character for you to contort yourself into a pretzel trying to interpret loons and scumbags in the most absurdly charitable and blinkered manner possible--but I'm afraid I have to categorically reject any remarks about going off the deep end from a person whom I believe doesn't even know that the pool is there.