Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
I might be missing something, but it certainly appears as though the kids kept doing what they had been doing prior to his appearance, only with the strange and unasked for addition of a man beating a drum in their faces. I guess I'm unsure what reaction was to be expected? I would expect something similar if I had walked into a crowd of teenagers and started beating a drum.
You are missing something. The mocking dances performed right in his face and around him are in response to his drumming and chanting. The tomahawk chops are in response to his drumming and chanting. The boorish yelling and the parodies of Native American chanting are in response to his drumming and chanting.

The video you posted is like an amateurish youtube version of one of those weird-ass Andy Thomas paintings, with the narrator making inferences about the boys' thoughts and feelings that are simply not supported by the contents of any of the videos, highlighting a tiny fraction of the audible remarks, and attempting to cast suspicion on Philips based on an incomplete and conspiratorial re-telling of his account. Philips and his companions may have originally intended to go up to the Lincoln Memorial, but it's clear from his statements and from the video that intervening in the shouting match between the two groups, and facing up to the group of young men he says he heard making hurtful and derogatory comments, became a more immediate objective. It's not mysterious or suspicious that he went up to the group of high-schoolers--he's already explained why he did so.