Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Can American conservatism survive intact & unadulterated?

In case it wasn't obvious what Trump meant by needing to liberate Democratic states.

Hope is the denial of reality

Ingraham is probably the Fox host who comes closest to an almost perfect 1:1 ratio of mind-numbing stupidity and stomach-turning repugnance.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

In the good old days (4 years ago), this would have been fire-worthy, even at Fox. Today, I doubt it even raises an eyebrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

Beyond creepy. These people are absolutely fucking gone in the head.
    Well, it can and does happen. For instance, there was a large-scale fraud incident in North Carolina in the mid-term elections. Of course, it was on behalf of and paid for by the GOP incumbent Representative. . .

The GOP ended up holding onto the seat in the subsequent special election by the way.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Well, it can and does happen. For instance, there was a large-scale fraud incident in North Carolina in the mid-term elections. Of course, it was on behalf of and paid for by the GOP incumbent Representative. . .

The GOP ended up holding onto the seat in the subsequent special election by the way.
    Classical projection. They know they'd cheat if they could get away with it so they assume the Democrats must be cheating now.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Classical projection. They know they'd cheat if they could get away with it so they assume the Democrats must be cheating now.
    I take it as a given that there's always some low-level cheating going on with absentees. One active voter in a household with an inactive spouse and doing an absentee "on their behalf" for instance. But large-scale/organized fraud? I dunno, maybe in the cities it's easier to get away with it (the GOP would certainly have us believe that) but certainly in the rest of the country the County Clerk's office, Election Boards, etc. who are in charge of organizing and administering the apparatus notice it and they report it and take action against it.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I take it as a given that there's always some low-level cheating going on with absentees. One active voter in a household with an inactive spouse and doing an absentee "on their behalf" for instance. But large-scale/organized fraud? I dunno, maybe in the cities it's easier to get away with it (the GOP would certainly have us believe that) but certainly in the rest of the country the County Clerk's office, Election Boards, etc. who are in charge of organizing and administering the apparatus notice it and they report it and take action against it.
    There have been studies of places that already do voting by mail (e.g. Oregon), and they found that as long as the right protections are in place, the amount of fraud is minimal. I'm more concerned about the kind of fraud the N. Carolina GOP ended up getting away with it.
    Last edited by Loki; 04-18-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    Well, I work in a field that requires tens of millions of dollars of investment just to get a product to market. Literally this week I received/purchased equipment and services worth northwards of $300k. So it's kinda hard to do that out of your garage.

The reality is that technological innovation has allowed certain enterprises to scale with demand, allowing for minimal capital requirements (though of course they do need a whole lot of third part corporate behemoths to provide the capacity). But many jobs still require a whole lot of capital to become viable businesses, and that doesn't grow on trees.
    And you can't do your work without the "ancillary services" others people provide: child care providers, delivery services, truckers, farmers, grocery store clerks, janitors, trash collectors, etc. And none of that can be done without the necessary infrastructure of roads, water/sewer, a power grid, even high-speed internet.

The reality is that those third party corporate behemoths aren't paying their fair share in taxes....but the "essential workers" (who help maintain your high-tech, high income lifestyle) are seen as "expendable".

Please enjoy this utterly delectable morsel:

The Confederates did try to leave it, so technically, he's not wrong.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

He eats too much.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Official merch:

Nazi imagery and a pro-facist slogan. Sounds about right.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Official merch:
    Be careful, I was hit with an infraction for posting about such merchandise. Randblade

Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

American conservatives are... morons:

But also, the Confederate flag is great!

Official merch:

It's a huge problem. Huge swathe's of Americans celebrate Hitler's birthday too. All over social media April 20 is celebrated, now granted like in this above image they aren't celebrating it because it is related to Hitler but the logic is the same. So please, let's start shaming people who enjoy the 4/20 date for consistency purposes.

Like I've said before, you're a stupid man and nobody respects you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Nazi imagery and a pro-facist slogan. Sounds about right.
    Not sure if they were deliberately going for Nazi imagery (the slogan has always been fascist) but they've not even bothered to create their own artwork.

That image of the Eagle carrying a flag like that is actually a royalty-free stock image available online - they've just stamped the words America First and Trump 2020 onto it

Here's the original: https://www.shutterstock.com/image-v...ent-1479895235
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

... morons:

I guess they didn't get the memo about it being good to look like the Lone Ranger.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

There are no words for how pathetic this is:

Both want to see an end to class; the manbaby just decided to start with himself.

At this point we need a venn diagragm for all the threads and posts outlining the failures of conservatism, the GOP, the Trump administration, the Impeachment process, Congressional corruption and croneyism, etc. The list is long.

Bottom line: the US is either acting like a Banana Republic, or we're a failed state. Maybe both. No one to blame for the destruction but ourselves.

We're like a toxic, dysfunctional family that rejects divorce, but won't get marriage counseling, either.

There is no bottom, but, if there is, they're clearly scraping it for all they're worth: