Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Can American conservatism survive intact & unadulterated?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Really, this is all Biden's fault.
    Of course it is.

If he hadn't had the temerity to win an election then the Trumpites wouldn't have needed to storm the Capitol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

So I told Wiggin (in this thread? Or the Proud Boys thread?) that people believe things like the claims of fraud because they put themselves in echo chambers and just don't allow themselves to hear any material that conflicts with what they wan to be the case. That. . . doesn't explain them thinking Biden is responsible for what happened Tuesday. I have no explanation for that kind of response.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    So I told Wiggin (in this thread? Or the Proud Boys thread?) that people believe things like the claims of fraud because they put themselves in echo chambers and just don't allow themselves to hear any material that conflicts with what they wan to be the case. That. . . doesn't explain them thinking Biden is responsible for what happened Tuesday. I have no explanation for that kind of response.
    Look what you made me do. I'm not a loser; everything bad that happens to me is someone—everyone—else's fault.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

The future of American conservatism:

Isn't Cindy McCain a conservative?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...on-riot-antifa

A bit late to start caring about the truth, but hey, better late than never.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Increasingly clear (and not surprising) that a number of lawmakers were involved in the attack on the Capitol, at both federal and state levels. All should be kicked out, and all should be investigated.

American conservatives vs. Democrat (and democracy, as it were):

Revenge is a dish best served cold. Trump's antics probably cost the GOP both GA Senate seats and Mitch the Majority Leadership. Now it seems he's happy to wield the knife and see Trump impeached.

Even if its post-inauguration of Biden it would be good to see Trump impeached and convicted for the records.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. Trump's antics probably cost the GOP both GA Senate seats and Mitch the Majority Leadership. Now it seems he's happy to wield the knife and see Trump impeached.

Even if its post-inauguration of Biden it would be good to see Trump impeached and convicted for the records.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01...25th-amendment

It starts with preference falsification. They have to take the more extreme pro-Trump position or they'll get kicked out of their social group. When enough people do it, everyone else assumes the rest really do belief the Big Lie. And who are you not to believe what all of your social circle takes for granted?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    The future of American conservatism:
    The part about John McCain's military service. Wow. Even for the GOP.
    Hope is the denial of reality

I missed that part, what did he do wrong during his military service? Or is that about Trump liking people who don't get caught?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't McCain quite popular in his home state, and are Republicans shooting themselves in the foot yet again here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sartre
    Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Happy Birthday you blithering idiot.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

So I mentioned how my store sold the products of that MyPillow guy who tried to coach Trump on how he should conduct a/the coup? It was announced today that we're discontinuing the line. We'll try to sell the current stock but we won't be selling them forward. Good riddance to those overpriced pieces of crap.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

It's both ironic AND pathetic that "Freee Marketeers" are doing what the GOP won't -- by removing its Krazy Kracken funding/donors. I can't wait to see if that trickles down to Fox & Friends, and the My Pillow guy as one of their major sponsors.

I hope everyone who's bought a My Pillow product returns it (to the manufacturer) for a full refund.

They can return 'em but they won't get any refunds. They promise they'll refund you if there's something wrong but they created a ridiculously strict set of "care" instructions and if you can't prove you've followed them (and there is no way to do so) than any issues with the product are your fault for not properly caring for it and consequently you are not due any kind of refund. Now of course us retailers will refund you for the product, because we want your repeat business. Since the MyPillow empire is built on essentially engaging in affinity fraud to sell an inferior product, they don't care about repeat business. They're happy getting the single over-priced sale.

If you're working for a retailer that gives full refunds for crappy products (like My Pillow)....something is wrong with that business model? I hope they don't go broke (and you don't lose your job) while grifters and fraudsters like Lindell makes millions, then turn that profit into political lobbying power for tyrants like Trump.

How about anyone who's got a My Pillow product just return it to any Lindell operation, no refund required, but Lindell will have to pay the costs of re-use and/or disposal? If the only principle that matters is making money, then hit 'em in the wallet.

It's a good thing the empire exists so that the sad clowns at The Donald can waste their money on crappy products to own the libs

Banana Republic or Failed State?

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/20/p...ban/index.html

Washington (CNN)As his term comes to an end, President Donald Trump revoked a rule he signed early in his term that imposed a five-year lobbying ban for administration officials and a lifetime ban on lobbying for foreign governments.

[...]

Clinton had also nixed the five-year lobbying ban at the end of his tenure, which Trump had criticized during the 2016 campaign.
    "He rigged the system on his way out," Trump said of Clinton as he ran against his wife, Hillary Clinton.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

https://mobile.twitter.com/SenTedCru...40800646029312

What an idiot.

Edit: and apparently Pittsburgh decided to follow the Paris accord anyway, so this actually is what the people in Pittsburgh want.. Unlike Ted Cruz who tried to disregard the actual votes from them.

Recommend seeing this clip so that you can fully appreciate just how big a shit-eating dumbass Rand Paul is next time you see Lewk desperately trying to use the moron to bolster his own standing:

Can't find the Lincoln Project thread so here's

How It's Going:

Fascist, Communist, Marxist, Peronist, Jacobin, Francoist . . . its an idea that keeps returning.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1796113.html

Strong words, now let's see if there will be actions.

Better late than never realising that. There's a history in politics of parties getting taken over by the worst elements of them, its a bitter fight to get them back to decency then but its a fight that needs to happen.

Let's see him saying that about a GOP senator.
    Hope is the denial of reality