Thread: Can American conservatism survive intact & unadulterated?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Nah I'm good with Democrats who would back court appointments like Gorsuch. I don't care about the R and the D I care about conservative issues. The judiciary is a generational power shift. When Clinton failed her layup up she prevented the courts leftward turn. I really don't think people understand how huge of a deal that was. Every 5-4 decision that is a conservative win would have been a 5-4 decision liberal win.
    I think you're abusing/misusing the term 'conservative'.

As does the entire Republican Party, with their identity crisis. They can't decide between social or fiscal conservatism, or what basic human rights means. They're the party that wants to give equal rights to embryos (in Personhood Amendments) before they've recognized the same equal rights for women. They're the party that won't kick out the KKK or white nationalists from their ranks. They're the party that wants to diminish government but control it at the same time. The GOP has become a broken party, grasping for power in its death rales. Conservatism has no ideology, or party; it just has a bunch of money sloshing around under the GOP name.
    Last edited by GGT; 02-03-2018 at 05:53 AM.