Thread: Google Law Suit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    He got fired for making google look bad. Google doesn't actually care about that stuff.
    Google the entity exists for no other reason than to generate the most profit it can, now and reliably into the future, and so I agree it can't be said to "care" about anything else. But my argument is that this guy's words threatened that purpose to some extent, and so he was terminated.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Google the entity exists for no other reason than to generate the most profit it can, now and reliably into the future, and so I agree it can't be said to "care" about anything else. But my argument is that this guy's words threatened that purpose to some extent, and so he was terminated.
    Yeah, but he threatened that purpose because his memo or manifesto or whatever the fuck it was got into the public domain, not because they were concerned about team moral, or productivity or creating a hostile work environment.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Yeah, but he threatened that purpose because his memo or manifesto or whatever the fuck it was got into the public domain, not because they were concerned about team moral, or productivity or creating a hostile work environment.
    I don't think there's enough actual information to determine that.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)