Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Terrorism by numbers

  1. #1

    Default Terrorism by numbers

    https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckra...tion-terrorism

    This is dumb even if you disregard the matter of total casualties. Guessing it'll get an inordinate amount of attention from the dumbasses at Fox and their slightly dumber viewers.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  2. #2
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  3. #3
    So how many were extradited to the US and counted in the figures? Read the first article and it seems to be missing that.

    I'm amazed the total convicted is so high. Other than Boston I'm struggling to think of many other terror attacks but 549 convicted is a lot. I wonder how many attacks have been foiled, our security services do a very good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  4. #4
    Update: Anatomy of a Presidential Untruth

    https://lawfareblog.com/anatomy-pres...de-white-house
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  5. #5
    They admit they lied, but refuse to correct the record:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.36ed77e44b6c
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    They admit they lied, but refuse to correct the record:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.36ed77e44b6c
    The Liar-in-Chief has been quite clear in his directions and objectives where truth is concerned and has provided many self-examples.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

  7. #7
    What a breath of fresh air:

    https://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-chr...threat-claims/

    But also a sad reminder of how rarely this happens. Journalists must have the courage to correct govt. officials when they make provably false claims on air.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  8. #8
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  9. #9
    Being a pathological liar seems to be a job requirement in this administration.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  10. #10
    The conservative way of arguing is what gets me. They never enter into a discussion willing to exchange ideas or even listen to what the other side is saying. They think that if they yell the loudest, talk over you the longest and repeat something (truth be damned) enough that they win and their side is right.

    It's like someone decided to narrate Lewk's posts.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 01-07-2019 at 02:51 AM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Being a pathological liar seems to be a job requirement in this administration.
    Well, you can't exactly function as Trump's press secretary if you're not. How could someone with the least inclinations towards honesty even KEEP that job?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    The conservative way of arguing is what gets me. They never enter into a discussion willing to exchange ideas or even listen to what the other side is saying. They think that if they yell the loudest, talk over you the longest and repeat something (truth be damned) enough that they win and their side is right.

    It's like someone decided to narrate Lewk's posts.
    Socialists have the exact same way of arguing too.

    At least extremists on all sides do. Can't put a cigarette paper between Trump and his acolytes and Corbyn here and his. Only difference on this site is that Lewkowski has drank the Trump koolaid but there aren't any Corbynistas here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Well, you can't exactly function as Trump's press secretary if you're not. How could someone with the least inclinations towards honesty even KEEP that job?
    There was a really good article along similar lines recently on the BBC basically on the subject of "what happened to Trump's Generals?"

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-46766271
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •