Thread: Shut Down

Default Shut Down

Republicans better not blink here. They have majorities in the House and the Senate. This is VERY clearly a Democrat driven shutdown. The media will try to spin it another way but there is no other explanation here. If it was a strict up/down vote there would be bill completed.

Republicans are incompetent here. They have majorities in the House, Senate and have the White House and still led to a shut down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

first real government shutdown under one-party government, ever.

You can’t blame Dems for shutdown when “you’re in charge of everything”
    https://shareblue.com/fox-host-shep-...of-everything/

Sorry lewk, can't spin this one. This is what you get when all your party knows how to do is obstruct.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

6 Republicans failed to support the vote to avoid a shutdown. They couldn't even get their own party in line. If the Republicans could fix their own shit this would have been avoided.

6 Republicans failed to support the vote to avoid a shutdown. They couldn't even get their own party in line. If the Republicans could fix their own shit this would have been avoided.
    McConnell was one of the Republicans who voted against the measure. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...kFi?li=BBnb7Kz
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    McConnell was one of the Republicans who voted against the measure. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...kFi?li=BBnb7Kz
    The article says he did that for procedural reasons so he can bring the bill back. So I don't think that's fair. Odd procedural rule to have though.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

The Dems also wanted to continue pay for the armed services and death benefits but McConnell said fuck that and shut it down.
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?439965...ts&start=51383
    Around the 14:15 mark.

Leave it to the party that supports Roy Moore to fuck kids over one more time by holding CHIP hostage.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    The article says he did that for procedural reasons so he can bring the bill back. So I don't think that's fair. Odd procedural rule to have though.

I provided the link explaining that. If I wanted to be unfair I'd have left you to find it on your own.

Well if we didn't read the article ... It was a tad disingenuous the way you phrased it. Like a clickbait headline.

Well if we didn't read the article ... It was a tad disingenuous the way you phrased it. Like a clickbait headline.
    And to be honest, it was clickbait to get people to learn how screwy our congressional procedures are. Nothing unfair about that.

Republicans are incompetent here. They have majorities in the House, Senate and have the White House and still led to a shut down.
    The the issue is a few idiot Republican senators who refuse to invoke the Harry Reid rule and go nuclear.

Those few Republicans are the sane ones given that there's a very realistic chance that in 3 years time the Democrats will control House, Senate and White House.

If the Republicans went nuclear now then what would check the Democrats then?

http://thehill.com/policy/technology...by-russia-bots

Its insane how quickly the hashtag floods facebook posts about the shutdown, especially on the numerous fox pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Republicans better not blink here. They have majorities in the House and the Senate. This is VERY clearly a Democrat driven shutdown. The media will try to spin it another way but there is no other explanation here. If it was a strict up/down vote there would be bill completed.
    I thought you just loved government shutdowns, Lewk. You've always been very positive about the Republicans forcing them in the past.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I thought you just loved government shutdowns, Lewk. You've always been very positive about the Republicans forcing them in the past.
    I'm for people who claim to represent me to have a backbone. Here we had a backbone but if the Republicans control the House and the Senate we shouldn't be compromising so easily when the Democrats only held the presidency.

Looks like it was the Democrats who blinked first this time. They really did pick an odd hill to fight on. Am pretty pleased overall how this political spat turned out so far but we'll see what happens in the next few weeks.