https://www.oxfamamerica.org/livesontheline/#

Pushed to the limit—and beyond

Almost all workers report that it's nearly impossible to take a break. They have to ask their line supervisor to use the bathroom. The supervisor must in turn find someone to fill that spot. Workers say there are seldom enough of these replacement workers available so they often have to wait an hour or more. Nearly everyone has stories of workers peeing on the line. Still others make the choice to wear diapers to work. Others report that they stop drinking water and become dehydrated.

Dolores, who worked at a Simmons plant in Arkansas, said she was denied permission to use the bathroom "many, many times." Her supervisor mocked workers' requests. "He said, 'Ah, but why? I told you... that you shouldn't drink so much water and eat so much food so that you don't need to ask to use the bathroom." She began wearing a sanitary napkin, but since it would fill up with urine too quickly, she resorted to diapers: "I had to wear Pampers. Myself and many, many others had to wear Pampers." She said she felt like she had "no worth, no right to repeal or to speak up." She decided just to endure the situation. "It made me feel ashamed."
This is so dumb. It's 2018, why don't they have diaper-changing robots yet? Would save everyone a great deal of discomfort, and we could eat chicken without contributing to the cruel exploitation of tens of thousands of people.