Thread: The Tide may finally be turning

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Clearly that's what's happening. It just feels very wrong to me.
    What about it "feels" wrong to you? That lawyers make calculating decisions about potential civil suits when they write legal contracts? Or that things like morality clauses see the light of day before any formal law suit? Well, what do you think about non-disclosure agreements?

Women haven't exactly gotten a fair shake for decades, generations even, as you well know. It never "felt" right to me that women could be dissuaded from reporting any form of abuse to their bosses, or even the police, because lawyers and prosecutor would say they'd never win in court. Deep pockets win court cases.

Custody and/or visitation of minor children is given to convicted violent abusers, even rapists, in some states. Not to mention the thousands of rape kits sitting in forensic warehouses, legitimate cases that haven't been processed, let alone prosecuted. Imagine how wrong that "feels" to the women involved.

While I don't "feel" good about any creative work being deleted, I also don't "feel" sorry for anyone in power (historically men) who had access to teams of publishers, publicists, editors, and lawyers, when their accusers victims didn't.
    Last edited by GGT; 02-10-2018 at 03:23 AM.