Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Nunes Memo

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    With a .03% rejection rate... it isn't exactly hard to get a FISA judge to sign off on something.
    That high approval rate could be due to vigorous and thorough preparation from the FBI. You make it sound like FISA courts have low/easy standards, but everything I've read says just the opposite.

Look, if you suspect there *are* FISA court abuses, the remedy isn't gonna come from a stooge like Nunes, or a GOP "memo" that's basically a political sideshow.

“Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

With a .03% rejection rate... it isn't exactly hard to get a FISA judge to sign off on something.
    That is an absurdly illogical conclusion. It may just as well reflect the overall standard of the warrant applications that reach that stage. These applications are vetted extremely rigorously by the DoJ.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

The claims are unverified and frankly outlandish. You can't just go with a rumor and then put the burden of proof on someone to disprove it.
    A. Please don't use Fox News as a source. The organization has a clear partisan political agenda and cannot remotely be trusted to be objective.

B. I don't know what this statement means. What do you mean by going with a rumor? Who is? And for what? And what does that have to do with you declaring the dossier "phony" without any basis?

I am perfectly fine with an independent investigative team vetting the dossier's various claims for validity. As far as I know that hasn't been done - though my guess is the FBI has been working on it. Until that's been done, you're way out of line calling it phony.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    A. Please don't use Fox News as a source. The organization has a clear partisan political agenda and cannot remotely be trusted to be objective.

B. I don't know what this statement means. What do you mean by going with a rumor? Who is? And for what? And what does that have to do with you declaring the dossier "phony" without any basis?

I am perfectly fine with an independent investigative team vetting the dossier's various claims for validity. As far as I know that hasn't been done - though my guess is the FBI has been working on it. Until that's been done, you're way out of line calling it phony.
    They've had almost all the pieces of the dossier for quite awhile now. We are talking about over a year. Frankly if there was proof it would have already been pushed to the forefront. Y'all still thick their's truth to the Steele dossier? The dude won't even show up to defend it in court.

You realize the dossier was the intelligence, right? Steele included claims he thought were credible. He didn't have the resources to follow up on most of those claims. That would be up to a national intelligence agency. And ours spooked Steele when it said there was no evidence of Russian involvement in the election.
    Hope is the denial of reality

They've had almost all the pieces of the dossier for quite awhile now. We are talking about over a year. Frankly if there was proof it would have already been pushed to the forefront.
    Not a chance. Anything in the dossier that they can verify is something they'll stay quiet about until after the investigation(s) are finished.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    You realize the dossier was the intelligence, right? Steele included claims he thought were credible. He didn't have the resources to follow up on most of those claims. That would be up to a national intelligence agency. And ours spooked Steele when it said there was no evidence of Russian involvement in the election.
    IE rumors.

Raw intelligence that was taken seriously because it corroborated evidence the FBI had obtained by other means. You're really embarrassing yourself.
    — Bill Gates

Trump refuses to release the Democrat's 'opposing' memo, citing security concerns. But he released the Nunes/GOP memo against the FBI's 'grave concerns' about the same thing? Seriously?