Thread: When will they come for the truckers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've gone through several automatic vacuums. Their evolution over time has amazed me. I'm using a $60 knock off from monoprice right now that would blow my original roomba out of the water.

The main problem I see with people who don't wash their own car is that physical employees can more easily see where dirt remains. Thats the biggest hurdle for automated machines, and as they evolve I think we will see fewer garage designs and more nibble multi piece designs. We already have dirt sensors built into our vacuums and washing machines, the tech is there. They will become more precise and less wasteful.

I'm in no means suggesting that all medical staff are going to disappear, but automation will do to nursing staffs what its done to big box retail. The employees will monitor the hardware more than the patient. Allowing more rooms to be assigned to each employee. Just like target/walmart have 1 employee per 6 self checks. Hospitals will eventually get there as well. I'll even go out there and say service will improve greatly as we rely less on over worked staff missing checkup and drug administration schedules and reduce how much opening there is for human error. I'm curious what Aimless has to say on automation in the healthcare industry.

EDIT: Forgot to mention how impressive AI has gotten at medical diagnosis too. Treatment plan for brain cancer in 10 minutes? Making a diagnosis for ailments that stump actual doctors? Having so much information immediately available is going to really change how the game is played. People are going to look back at shows like House (i know thats not real doctoring) and laugh about how shit used to be handled.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 02-16-2018 at 07:59 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."