Thread: Farewell IRC, hello Discord

Lightbulb Farewell IRC, hello Discord

For a while now, EnterTheGame has been barely maintaining their IRC servers and it's led to a lot of frustration with disconnects. I've setup the basics for a new Discord server to replace it.

https://discord.gg/NGzFXuU

I'll replace the IRC link up top just as soon as I remember how.

The image of TWF changed when I logged on. Did something happen we should know about?

Nothing going on. I just checked, and the favicon on the server is still correct, so I don't think the problem's on the server's end.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Nothing going on. I just checked, and the favicon on the server is still correct, so I don't think the problem's on the server's end.
    Thanks for checking. I don't even know what a favicon is. All I know is that when I refreshed the page it didn't look familiar. Now I'm paranoid about being paranoid.

The favicon is the thing that shows up next to the name of the webpage. I thought that was what you were talking about - I have broken that one several times before.

The second button from the left on the navbar up top recently changed from "IRC" to "Discord" which may have thrown off the spacing of some things you were used to, if it's more the general look of the page you were talking about.

I just read the ToS for Discord. Sounds as fishy as Facebook, and reminds me why I didn't join IRC 'EnterTheGame'.

Why is this even an option tab on the forum's main page?

And why does clicking on 'Forum Leaders', looking for moderators or admins, link to Shadowrun players?
    Last edited by GGT; 04-03-2018 at 06:26 AM.

You read the ToS? I've heard legends of one such as you...

We have it because we're supposed to be a community, and some people like the option of chatting in more of a real-time format. Having it here helps get people to the right place for that.

For your last question, fixed.

. . .

I remember you were using the database for another site/topic, Wraith. Is that other site/topic for the Shadowrun RPG?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

That was one of the uses. But it wasn't my game. I wasn't invited to the shadowrun game that was going on

Damn! My group added Shadowrun into our rotation last year and I crave more!
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"