Thread: Man of Steele

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Because there was no court appearance to show up at?

Lewk, you've fallen for a planted piece of fake news. A deposition (assuming there even was one since all I'm seeing is the same single verbatim piece repeated everywhere, in whole or in part) aren't court appearances in the first place. Further you A) don't depose a named party in general, and B) as near as I can tell the practice of taking depositions like this doesn't exist in common law countries besides Canada and the US. It's not part of civil or criminal procedure in England or the rest of the UK
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Because there was no court appearance to show up at?

Lewk, you've fallen for a planted piece of fake news. A deposition (assuming there even was one since all I'm seeing is the same single verbatim piece repeated everywhere, in whole or in part) aren't court appearances in the first place. Further you A) don't depose a named party in general, and B) as near as I can tell the practice of taking depositions like this doesn't exist in common law countries besides Canada and the US. It's not part of civil or criminal procedure in England or the rest of the UK
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...r-dossier.html

"On both sides of the Atlantic Ocean, former British MI-6 Intelligence Officer Christopher Steele is going to extremes to avoiding answering questions from the United States Congress, while at the same time avoiding being videotaped and deposed in a multi-million dollar libel case brought against Buzzfeed.

The media outlet published the unverified Trump dossier just over a year ago, setting off an international firestorm.

Steele was a no-show Monday for a long-requested deposition in London, Fox News has learned. The news comes as Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., have announced a criminal referral on Steele.

Evan Fray-Witzer, a Boston-based attorney representing Russian tech tycoon Aleksej Gubarev in multi-million dollar civil litigation, described Monday's U.K. court actions to Fox News. “My understanding is that Mr. Steele’s lawyers spent a good deal of time arguing why they thought he (Steele) should not be required to sit for a deposition and that ultimately the court took the entire matter under advisement.”"