Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump Tariffs

Trump used the "national security" loophole in international trade laws (probably also a jab at the WTO and globalists), but picking a fight with our closest ally is just FUBAR. Yes, he campaigned on renegotiating NAFTA, but instead of tweaking or updating/modernizing with our partners, he's using tariffs as threats. He's not acting like a deal-maker but a bully. And right before the G-7....or as it's now being called, the G-6 + 1.

owning the libs
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I find that offensive ...
    Spoiler:
    ... on behalf of my toddler. She's much better behaved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

#notalltoddlers
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Things got worse. Trump called for a return to G-8 (with Russia back in the fold), arrived late and left early, then got in a Twitter fight with Trudeau. (Apparently our tariffs are just in response to Canada's dairy tariffs, or something?) The name calling was continued by his economic advisers on the Sunday shows. "A certain place in hell" for those who go against Donald J. Trump. "Trudeau betrayed and back-stabbed Trump".

Astounding to see this kind of treatment toward our democratic allies. And right before a summit with an enemy dictator. It makes no sense. It's dangerous. WTF!

Leak: Trump ordered drafting of bill that'd help undermine WTO.

https://www.axios.com/trump-trade-wa...76f4e0f83.html

Hate the article format but interesting leak in light of recent rumors that the WH has tried to play down.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Then there's Harley Davidson. Trump loved them at first, even had a PR event on the WH lawn for that great, iconic American company! But once they announced moving some production overseas (a business decision made in the wake of retaliatory tariffs) now they're practically traitors waving the white flag. Never mind the fact that they've been manufacturing overseas for decades.

Trump has now threatened tariffs on imported cars....too many BMWs and Mercedes on our streets! The world has been so unfair to the US!

Someone needs to drag this bad actor off the stage

<congress could, if they had a spine>

Stupid policies are not impeachable offenses. If Congress really cared about this, they would pass a Republican-introduced bill to reduce the executive privilege behind these tariffs.

I wish there was more of an apparent strategy here, and we were talking about trade deals and Chinese intellectual theft/joint venture coercion. I don't think our beef is as heavy with German automakers.

I didn't mean impeachment, but congress having the spine to take back its authority over foreign trade and tariffs, with either an amendment to NDAA or a new bill, as your article said. Also, “You would have to pass a law that he would want to sign into law,” he told reporters. “You can do the math on that.”. That was a month ago.

Is it now officially a "Trade War" since China's retaliatory tariffs took effect yesterday, or because Trump declared "We are going to WIN the trade war, since we have all the cards"? And Trump is dissing the WTO and NATO at the same time, which is absolutely nuts for global stability.

Now Trump is threatening steel and aluminum tariffs against Turkey.....as a way to get one Christian pastor released from house arrest.

And he's ok with a Harley-Davidson boycott.

Where the hell is congress?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Now Trump is threatening steel and aluminum tariffs against Turkey.....as a way to get one Christian pastor released from house arrest.

And he's ok with a Harley-Davidson boycott.

Where the hell is congress?
    Fuck Turkey. They've been asshats for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Yeah, I'm not defending Trump on this one.
    Last edited by Lewkowski; 08-16-2018 at 05:09 AM.