Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liberals seem to have no self control

Default Liberals seem to have no self control

We shouldn't read too much into broad personality traits for political viewpoints in general but this seems to be a common trend. We know that people on the left are far likely to go to prison (criminals tend to vote liberal) and we know it is far left causes that bring about the most violent protest and riots.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.0ae970d4ff7a

"The escapade was not premeditated: We simply jumped into my Jetta wagon, drove down to the strip and got to work. In all, it took less than 20 minutes. We grabbed about 40 signs and threw them in the hatchback. I hadn’t really thought about what I would do with the signs; I just wanted them gone. At the time, we believed we were doing the right thing. There were so many Trump signs up and down our main drag — it was destroying all sense of equilibrium in our community.

But the Falmouth police happened to spot us as we were preparing to leave the scene of the crime. The officer was kind, informing us that we had stolen someone else’s personal property, which had not really entered into my mind while I was doing it. He took the signs and sent us home."

Now here is a person who isn't a career criminal. She probably has never done any crime (maybe drugs) but here she is invading other's property and stealing. The problem? Lack of impulse control. Lack of forethought. Thinking emotionally instead of logically. And isn't that the same way with almost all leftist positions? They sound 'good on paper' but implementation never works out that way. I'm sure not every liberal has no self control but it does very much seem that the trait is more common among them than it is with conservatives.

There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

And here I am having to go outside hourly to throw away Trump signs because they are the only ones that keep violating the law concerning advertising within 100 feet of a polling location
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    <snip> The problem? Lack of impulse control. Lack of forethought. Thinking emotionally instead of logically.
    And isn't that the same way with almost all leftist positions? They sound 'good on paper' but implementation never works out that way. I'm sure not every liberal has no self control but it does very much seem that the trait is more common among them than it is with conservatives.
    That lack of impulse control and forethought describes Trump, currently the "top" of the Republican Party, and conservatives. Yeah, stop trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    That lack of impulse control and forethought describes Trump, currently the "top" of the Republican Party, and conservatives. Yeah, stop trolling.
    I think prior to 2016 most folks wouldn't describe Trump as 'conservative.'

http://www.kcbd.com/story/33431698/l...-clinton-signs
    LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -
    Lubbock County Democrats say thousands of dollars worth of Clinton-Kaine signs were vandalized overnight.

But they don't know who did it. You could feel the frustration at the Lubbock County Democratic Party Headquarters on Wednesday.

"This is not what the United States is about. This is not making America great," County Commissioner Precinct 3 candidate Gilbert Flores said.

"There are a lot of ugly things on this sign that I won't repeat," Lubbock County Democratic Party vice chair Stuart Williams said. "We don't need this. We need to work together to make this country better."

Williams says a few of the damaged yard signs were placed at the doorstep of the Democratic Headquarters on 74th street, with vulgar words written on them.

"Things were written: Lock her up, make America great again," Williams said.

http://www.pahomepage.com/news/campa...luzerne-county
    "You could steal our sign but not our vote." John Shalanski put the homemade display out Saturday, less than 24 hours after he says someone stole his official Clinton-Kaine campaign sign. Shalanski says most people in his community support Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.

He's not the only one in Conyngham who's been targeted. One woman, who chose not to go on camera, says she also had her "Hillary Clinton" campaign sign stolen and house vandalized.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/c...olen/92518746/
    Clinton and Trump signs stolen from properties

http://www.dailyamerican.com/news/lo...72b9b467a.html
    Clinton and Trump signs disappearing.

http://www.news-press.com/story/news...unty/92457594/
    Clinton and Trump signs stolen

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/harrie...illary-clinton
    Clinton sign stolen from property

http://www.northplattebulletin.com/i...32914&pageID=3
    Clinton and Trump signs stolen from properties

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/news/4...heft-vandalism
    Clinton and Trump signs vandalized and stolen

As usual, Lewk, you are entirely incorrect.

Criminals are idiots of all stripes.

But you carry on knocking down your liberal strawman, for that's all it is; a strawman.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 10-26-2016 at 07:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Pfft we also know that cops are more likely to vote Republican so I think your theory about impulse control may need to be revised a little
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

More of that vaunted conservative self-control here:

We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Oh lol you really don't want to go example vs. example.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ja...rticle/2541412

I'll spell it out word for word, as you seem to have trouble understanding a simple concept.

There. Are. Idiots. Vandalising. And. Stealing. Campaign. Signs. From. Both. Trump. And. Clinton. Supporters. Not. Just. From. Clinton. Supporters.

There. Not that hard to understand now is it.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 10-27-2016 at 06:29 AM.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Hope is the denial of reality

We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

That reminds me of the time our local county government had a beef with some farmers and they dropped a load of manure in front of city hall
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/11/01/a...o-draws-blood/

To be fair, the person who did this probably has a lot of self control.

Now really, you can't go around thinking that is in any way equivalent to what Lewk was objecting to. That was merely violence directed against a person. Lewk was talking about a crime against property. We all know how much more important the latter is over silly things like health or life, for Lewk.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Shut up fuzz. Toothpaste is sacred.

Yeah,

What could show more self control than killing someone over a tube of toothpaste?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Now really, you can't go around thinking that is in any way equivalent to what Lewk was objecting to. That was merely violence directed against a person. Lewk was talking about a crime against property. We all know how much more important the latter is over silly things like health or life, for Lewk.
    Violence for political reasons shouldn't be tolerated. If there is video evidence (and in the age of cell phones I would start to be suspicious if there wasn't) the people who assaulted him should be imprisoned like the violent thugs they are. You'll find no arguments from me about the need to put violent savages in prison - regardless of political bent.

Yeah,

What could show more self control than killing someone over a tube of toothpaste?
    Defending the store was right and proper. You let thieves get away you get stolen from more often. The guy probably didn't intend to kill the toothpaste thief. This is old ground but the guy would be still alive if...

1. He didn't steal.
    2. He instantly stopped running once he realized he was being chased.
    3. Once the struggle occurred, he instantly stopped struggling.

But instead he chose to steal. He chose to run. He chose to struggle. And he died. A message that should be ground into the minds of every child in education. You steal, you die you worthless piece of shit. Make something of yourself... because if you don't and you become a thieving parasite the good people of this country will not rest until you are behind bars or in a grave.

In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Thanks for making me feel old.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    But instead he chose to steal. He chose to run. He chose to struggle. And he died.
    The person with the gun chose to pull the trigger.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

A shame he was put in the situation where he felt the need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Which is why I and, contrary to popular belief, the law in this country cut a lot of slack for people making the wrong call in tense situations which weren't of their making.

This slack does not extent to chasing the person out of the building, down the street, overpowering them and then choking them to death with your bare hands*.

I'm sorry to disappoint anyone who regularly has violent fantasies about being a """bad ass""" and "teaching scum a lesson" or whatever, but being attacked or robbed does not entitle you to respond with a level of force wildly in excess of what was directed at you.

* no gun involved, in fact - I misremembed.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I've twice had my home broken into while I was in it, on the first time I didn't realise the intruders weren't family and shouted out a friendly greeting to them. On the second I was woken up and came downstairs to find someone in my kitchen and I chased him out of the house and chased him down the street until he got in his car and drove off. I was not armed or even dressed (literally I was just wearing boxers, I was asleep when he broke in) and I have no dreams of being a "bad ass" or whatever but fight of flight kicked in and I ran after the guy. I've got no clue what I'd have done had I caught up with him.

I think the victim does have a right to respond with wildly excessive force as they never chose that confrontation and ultimately if you end in a confrontation (had I caught up with that guy for instance) then restraining yourself is a way to have the victim end up in the hospital if not the morgue themselves. Either you don't use any force or you go down the line of using force you need to be confident that once you've taken someone down they stay down. Worst case scenario is a fight where you hit your attacker but don't take him out so he then retaliates with an escalation of force back on you.

Unrelated but on four separate times my business was the victim of armed robberies (armed with machetes) including a machete being held to the throat of a pregnant colleague.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.