Thread: So many hoaxes... I wonder why?

Default So many hoaxes... I wonder why?

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...183086416.html

"Last Wednesday Riley County Police Department were called to an apartment parking lot on Claflin Road and found a car that had been defaced with racial slurs and threats.

The N-word was written with yellow paint across the rear windshield of the car. Other racially offensive language — “White’s Only,” “Die,” and “Date your own kind,” was also painted on the windshield and side doors of the car.

Reports of the incident led African American students on the campus to call a meeting that evening to talk about possible racism near the K-State campus.

Andrew Hammond, a journalism student at K-State and one of the first to tweet out photos of Williams’ car, told The Star Monday evening he was “outraged and hurt” to learn about the fraud.

He said Williams contacted him after seeing his tweets about the car graffiti, and the two talked about the incident.

“As a black student who has witnessed racist incidents first-hand around Manhattan this hurts the credibility of students who actually want to step out and say something about it,” Hammond said. “I’m not sure what type of human being does this kind of thing as a prank.”"

If racism is so omnipresent (like leftists like to say) why are these hoaxes so common? Why would it be necessary to have hoax if acts of racism were occurring every day?

And oh hey look someone filed false police report, got people worried/rabble roused AND even wasted FBI resources but yeah no charges filed because we certainly wouldn't want to deter people from doing more of these types of activities.

It's because they're so common that they're believable. If they weren't common then people would be incredulous at the hoaxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Hell we have more instances of racism from just the Trumps than we have "it's all a lie" posts from Lewk.

But he did slip up and show his true colors. Equating a peaceful discussion of the event to a rabble.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

The "if" is misplaced. Racism is highly prevalent. The question of why people would manufacture hoaxes is a separate question. Rape and sexual assault are highly prevalent, and yet there are a small number of hoaxes.

What's more fascinating to me are the fake news stories propagated by the alt-right and their fans among conservatives all over the west, typically about things that aren't common. Or their fixation with uncommon things like hoaxes, false rape accusations etc.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

It's almost as if Foxbart have more stories of racist hoaxes than of racism.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Lewk, pranksters have a long history. Even using racist slurs is nothing new. What IS new is that everything can now be photographed or videotaped and immediately put on the internet. Then it gets shared and linked on social media, which is then covered by the local news because it's trending.

It's not that we have "so many hoaxes", but that guys like you don't believe the *real* incidents of racism when they DO happen. I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Lewk, pranksters have a long history. Even using racist slurs is nothing new. What IS new is that everything can now be photographed or videotaped and immediately put on the internet. Then it gets shared and linked on social media, which is then covered by the local news because it's trending.

It's not that we have "so many hoaxes", but that guys like you don't believe the *real* incidents of racism when they DO happen. I wonder why?
    Uh that's easy because we've seen so many hoaxes. My first instinct is to wonder if its a hoax. By and large MOST people aren't racist and would never do things like vandalize a car like that.

Now to be fair it isn't just lefty idiots doing this. The right also has done their share of bull shit hoaxes too (like the white girl claiming black guys for Obama carved her face). The last thing we should start doing is automatically believing people simply because they make a claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Uh that's easy because we've seen so many hoaxes. My first instinct is to wonder if its a hoax. By and large MOST people aren't racist and would never do things like vandalize a car like that.

Now to be fair it isn't just lefty idiots doing this. The right also has done their share of bull shit hoaxes too (like the white girl claiming black guys for Obama carved her face). The last thing we should start doing is automatically believing people simply because they make a claim.
    And the second-to-last thing we should do is believe 'real' victims, or journalists reporting their stories? Is that what you meant? Hard to know, since you have a proclivity for not believing victims' claims in the first place.