Thread: London again. Where to buy a suit?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default London again. Where to buy a suit?

We managed to squeeze in one final trip in order to see Hamilton. On our way now and plan to be there for nine nights so if any of you scoundrels are around and in the mood to grab an apolitical margarita and something to eat HMU here or on FB.

If not I'm hoping you can still help me with something... the only suit that still fits me was recently ruined by an errant er spray of beer, and I need to find a decent suit before a wedding in a couple of weeks. Do any of you know where I might be able to find a nice gray one at a fair price? All suggestions welcome. peace
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Charles Tyrwhitt, T.M. Lewin or Reiss are pretty reasonable, with 2 or 3 piece suits from around the £250 mark up to the £750 mark, with tailoring available for a further fee. All 3 have branches spread around London. Certainly in the West End/Oxford Street if you're around there. They'll often have deals/discounts too.

The likes of Hackett and Jaeger have less branches around and are more pricey, but nicer stuff.

If you want proper bespoke made-to-measure, Savile Row is famous for it, or Jermyn Street lesser so. You'll be paying a lot more here.

~

When are you around? I'm off for a two week trip to Barcelona for the Spanish Grand Prix from next weekend (flying out 6th May) so if you're in town before then or after 20th May let me know.

Oh and I had to google to find out what Hamilton was.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 04-28-2018 at 07:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Whacha use a suit for? I'm heading there in a bit to foment Brexit-related angst by going door to door with Euros and Bank of Northern Ireland notes.

I can't go to a wedding looking like a hobo! Thanks for the tips

We're here now and leaving on the 6th. Thinking of eating fancy dim sum tomorrow if either of you're up for it, otherwise we're pretty flexible except for Monday pm for fb & phone no./whatsapp!

Btw Honest Burgers is, honestly, quite nice

Greetings from the intermission of Hamilton. This musical is fucking amazing. If you've ever enjoyed seeing anything on stage, I think you'll have no regrets about treating yourself to this. I am absolutely blown away.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Greetings from the intermission of Hamilton. This musical is fucking amazing. If you've ever enjoyed seeing anything on stage, I think you'll have no regrets about treating yourself to this. I am absolutely blown away.
    Miss Priss REALLY wanted tickets to it, but by the time I got to the head of the digital line there was only limited view seating available. I'm not really that interested, as much as I love musicals.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Hamilton.
    So I had a quick glance at this. Musicals not ma thang but the other half loves em. And it's her birthday in July. So i clicked for tickets.

Just about sold out every night from now into the foreseeable. Certainly seems to be the hottest show in town. Eventually managed to secure two tickets together in mid-july.

Nice one for the pointer Minxie.

EDIT: Oh it's that Hamilton. Just spoke to my sister and mentioned it. Hadn't quite joined the dots.

Oh goody gum-drops.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 05-01-2018 at 04:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

What a weird thread. :cough:

It was truly one of the most enjoyable nights out I've ever had. The songs do get stuck in your head though the theatre itself is quite spectacular and we had excellent seats.

Today I was once again reminded of the convenience of traveling in EEA states. Since landing in the UK I've had increasingly bothersome symptoms of my asthma, and the exacerbation made the past couple of nights nearly intolerable. It's never been this bad before, and naturally I'd forgotten my inhaler back home. But, thanks to EEA rules, I could write a prescription for a new inhaler and pick it up at a Boots nearby. I hadn't really thought about this, but I haven't had to convert a prescription from another EEA country in over five years. It's just been an unnoticeable issue, no doubt because pharmacists handle it w/out any hassle for the most part. It was quite a relief and now I can breathe again, which is especially nice because the weather has finally improved.

The hunt for a suit continues and we haven't done much shopping. The hotel room is shockingly large and modern for being a London hotel, but of course with abominable carpeted floors.