Thread: In today's America, Kafka would be a citizen journalist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Meanwhile, the New York Times is both sidesing it up like absolute champs.
    Except both sides do actually do it. Sure you have crazy folks on the right but just in the last 48 hours you had people on the left calling for ICE to be criminalized, cheering the interruption of someone going to a dinner, the typical "Trump = Hitler" oh and the idea of kidnapping Trump's son and putting him in a cell with a pedophile made its rounds on twitter as well.

I'd argue that the bog standard conservative claims of what liberals are (snowflake idealists without a clue) is more generous than the bog standard liberal claims of what conservatives are (evil women hating racists, NAZI!!).

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    liberal claims of what conservatives are (evil women hating racists, NAZI!!).
    Seeing as the conservatives put a woman-groping racist into the white house, I'd say liberals are bang on the money
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Except both sides do actually do it. Sure you have crazy folks on the right but just in the last 48 hours you had people on the left calling for ICE to be criminalized, cheering the interruption of someone going to a dinner, the typical "Trump = Hitler" oh and the idea of kidnapping Trump's son and putting him in a cell with a pedophile made its rounds on twitter as well.
    If you're trying to tell me about how conservatives are just a bunch of easily triggered snowflakes who what a level of respect and civility from everyone else that they absolutely refuse to reciprocate, then I already knew that. It's also not the point. The point is the myopic complacency of the NYT, trying to find equivalence with the unprovoked vile rhetoric of the person currently doing the atrocity with that of the people trying to opposite it.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come