Thread: A new Republican plan for solving the school shooting problem

Default A new Republican plan for solving the school shooting problem

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

A single entrance/exit to a massive building with lots of people in it? Doesn't take a genius to see what is wrong with that plan.

Next school shooter is instead a school arsonist and hundreds of people burn to death as there's no fire exits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

This is done much more often than people realize. It's actually in the movie Stand and Deliver.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/03/12/...e-preparedness

DHS Working To Enhance School Safety, Increase Preparedness

Release Date:
    March 12, 2018

Their first meeting is next week.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/03/12/...e-preparedness

DHS Working To Enhance School Safety, Increase Preparedness

Release Date:
    March 12, 2018

Their first meeting is next week.
    Why's that a rolleyes?

That's news, this is a new thing - the first meeting of a newly announced body will almost invariably be in the future not the past. If their first meeting was six years ago that'd be a rolleyes as its just recycled old news.

It's likely to be a load of crap that does nothing to fix the problem but that's the issue not the timing being next week.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Why's that a rolleyes?

That's news, this is a new thing - the first meeting of a newly announced body will almost invariably be in the future not the past. If their first meeting was six years ago that'd be a rolleyes as its just recycled old news.

It's likely to be a load of crap that does nothing to fix the problem but that's the issue not the timing being next week.
    You did look at the release date, right?

It's also not as if school shootings weren't a thing for the last decades or so.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    You did look at the release date, right?

It's also not as if school shootings weren't a thing for the last decades or so.
    No I didn't. And I've been advocating action for the last decades or so - I hold Trump, Obama and Bush in contempt for not dealing with it sooner. Not sure about Clinton.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    No I didn't. And I've been advocating action for the last decades or so - I hold Trump, Obama and Bush in contempt for not dealing with it sooner. Not sure about Clinton.
    Figures that you would whaffle about something without ever looking at it.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Why's that a rolleyes?

The timing is emblematic of the load of crap. Starting a new thing on School Safety is in the same category of *Thoughts and Prayers* -- it sounds good but doesn't change anything. The latest shooting happened at a school already doing the (dare I say) bullet points?