Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2018

Yeah ran home from the ER which is uncharacteristically empty of patients I generally don't like Swedish football but this is actually an enjoyable game so far
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Well well well
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

It's kinda bonkers out here atm =)

Need to work on finishing and shore up the right field... I don't dare hope for a reprieve from WC 94 reeuns

This game is turning into a fight.

A girly football fight, but a fight nonetheless.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 07-03-2018 at 07:12 PM.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

I am of course hoping for an English victory due to The Curse even though Swe-Eng is typically quite boring for about 80 mins.

Wtf Maguire!

Aye. Tis a shame some England players are lowering themselves to that level.

Argh

Of course England should win this, but that goal in overtime was funny.
    Congratulations America

England are quite good at the old self-destruct. Start strongly then faff around being pants.

They've even got the ref on their side, with some of the most bias I've seen in a ref, blowing the whistle as soon as a Colombian player comes within 3 feet of Harry Kane.

Still England are the better side and deserve the win. Getting it is another matter.

Shame about the call on that corner kick that wasn't.

Hah! England vs Sweden, Saturday afternoon... I'm in a matinée performance of Hamilton for my other half's birthday with a reservation at Balthazar afterward ... organised it all months ago.

Will miss the whole match

If it's any consolation there'll probably be better singing, dancing and acting at your thing

That qualifier against Colombia was unnecessarily stressful but good to finally win a World Cup Penalty Shootout. Sweden v England will be a good game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I don't respect The Sun but this is actually funny. https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/the-sun-...e-knife-187990
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

France through to the semis after beating Uruguay 2-0.

That second goal. Oops.

France look v strong.

Brazil v Belgium next

Belgium just scored 1-0 against Brazil.

Woof woof game on

Belgium just scored 1-0 against Brazil.

Woof woof game on

Belgium 2 nil up. Wtf is going on? Not watching the game but keeping track of the score.

Silly luck or what?

On pace for 4 EU members in the semis...
    Hope is the denial of reality

Beautiful goals. Now 2-1.

Well geez. Buh bye South America's involvement in this cup.

They're going to have to rename this to the European Cup.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Holy crap we just saw xXx: The Return of Xander Cage and it turns out Neymar really is an actor

The weather feels like there's going to be a thunderstorm and the streets are completely empty, but, in town:

The Swedish right-field continues to disappoint and I think Olsen's a little rattled. We're really hurting from the lack of precision but I'm glad to see Swedish players using both sides of the field
    Last edited by Aimless; 07-07-2018 at 03:07 PM.

This match somehow slipped my mind. I see things aren't going well or Sweden .
    Congratulations America

Don't say that, we still have 5 mins to make the English score two own-goals

Well done to a strong English team that I hope will lose against France in the finals

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Well done to a strong English team that I hope will lose against France in the finals
    One thing at a time at this stage I'll be happy just to make the finals.

The Russia - Croatia game is excellent but that Russian goal at 115 mins was a real kick in the balls. Both sides are giving everything and the Croatian goalkeeper is a goddamn hero but if this goes to penalties...