Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Like I said, fifa ranking is a joke. This one is a bit better: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...ll_Elo_Ratings
    Interesting. That puts us sixth ahead of Portugal, surprised at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Spain almost losing to Morocco, getting a last gasp equaliser to get 2 - 2

Portugal unable to bypass Iran with a 1 - 1 draw.

Most of the top teams seem to have had some struggles in the groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Those two games on simultaneously were fascinating to watch. We had both games on and the final 20 minutes were insane. Especially because one of my colleagues is Iranian and he was loudly cheering them on and I was really hoping on his behalf that they would get through. Towards the end it really looked like they could.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Cracking game between Argentina & Nigeria. Pleased for the Argies, but overall I hoped Nigera would go through. They played excellently. Some real flair there ...
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Omg

Ice cold
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

VAR 1 - 0 Germany

ROFL!!!!!!!!!

2 - 0

Well that's Germany out then.

Bottom of the table.

Sweden through after beating Mexico.

Wotta fucked up bunch of results from that group
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 06-27-2018 at 05:09 PM.

I didn't think my Argentina bet would last longer than Germany.

England v Belgium about to kick off.

The only game in the tournament where the loser rather than the winner will dramatically improve their odds of getting far through the tournament. The losers draw is a lot easier than the winners draw. Having said that though, we should still seek to win (but play reserves rather than main players).

Both sides starting with their reserves essentially:
    England 8 changes from last time.
    Belgium 9 changes from last time.

If its a draw yellow cards will decide the group. England currently have 1 fewer yellow card so are top as it stands.

Half time. Belgium 2 yellow cards England nil

So we get Colombia, then if we get past them either Switzerland or Sweden.

Belgium get Japan, then either Brazil or Mexico.

Bizarre quirk that our reserves losing to Belgium's reserves have probably improved our first teams odds of making the semi final.

Oops.

Corker of game between Argentina & France.

3 -2 at 65 mins. A couple of awesome goals from both sides.

France are the better team here, but not by much.

4-2. Kicking arse now.

That Mbappe is quite a talent.

I missed this match, sounds like it was a good one.

Also thanks to last Thursday's results I am now leading the world cup pool at work
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Don't Cry 4 - 3 Argentina.

And there goes Portugal. Good. They're a good side but such is my dislike for the giant cock that is Cristiano Ronaldo i want them to lose on his behalf.

My dislike for Suarez is close but not that close. The team with the lesser of two giant cocks wins.

Spain v Russia Penalty Shoot Out coming up . . .

Spain out!

I think that leaves England as the highest-ranked team in the bottom half of the draw ...

EDIT: No I forgot the Swiss, plus we're tied with the Danes.
    Last edited by RandBlade; 07-01-2018 at 05:11 PM.

That was pretty much a travesty. Spain were by far the better team. Russia just camped in their own half playing for the shootout and gambling on their chances there. Paid off

Two good saves by their keeper in the shootout tho.

Croatia through after one of the worst penalty displays (on both sides) that I've ever seen.

Brazil thru 2 nil against Mexico. Didn't see the game but Mexico didn't seem too much for Brazil to overcome.

Brazil favourites now.

Nippon 2-0 Belgium with 30 mins to go

C'mon !

Wow. What an end to that game!

And they pull 3 back to win. With the 3rd in the dying seconds of normal time

I got inside a sports bar just in time to watch the extra time. Thanks Belgium.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Yo Aimless, you watching?