Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: World Cup 2018

So the semis are France v Belgium and England v Croatia.

At least the hosts won't need to poison us now before the next match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Good result, saw the highlights.

Came out from seeing Hamilton in Victoria, and walked up through the centre of town in the afternoon sun to get to Covent Garden for our dinner reservation.

Lots of happy people wearing England tops and St George's flags, but also, London Pride was on ...

... and one of the big rainbow floats started blaring FOOTBALL'S COMING HOME, IT'S COMING HOME ... at full volume

One of the more surreal moments in my life.

hashtag lovelondon
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Yeah but how was Hamilton???
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Heh. Musicals not my thing at all but this was great. Partner absolutely loved it which is the main thing as it was her b'day treat

Such talented people. Most impressive performances for me were Anjelica; stunning voice there, and Aaron Burr. George IIIrd was frickin hilarious.

A couple of really great numbers.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

I can forgive a great deal but I'll never forgive these fuckers for ruining Dancing in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Heh. Musicals not my thing at all but this was great. Partner absolutely loved it which is the main thing as it was her b'day treat

Such talented people. Most impressive performances for me were Anjelica; stunning voice there, and Aaron Burr. George IIIrd was frickin hilarious.

A couple of really great numbers.
    Burr was an excellent antagonist George was haunting

England lookin good. Pretty strong performance there despite odd moments of carelessness.

I sniff a place in the final.

Interesting.. the Croatians are kind of doing what I expected they would do: Slowly demolish the opponents.
    Congratulations America

That was straight outta Shaolin Soccer

Aye England have pushed the self-destruct.

Where they looked calm and in control before, they've gone completely to sleep now. Hopeless play.

So we're getting extra time ....
    Congratulations America

Lol. Sunday-league defending.

Croatia really upped their game there.

Deserved win over England.

So it's going to be a EU final.
    Congratulations America

Well if you're going to say EU final, then I'm going to say Brexit.

Love the way Croatia always keeps fighting until the very end. Honestly didn't dare hope for this outcome but now for the final I have no preferences--it'll be the best match of the best game in the world.

Dammit, I was on call and missed the entire game.

... but, by the looks of it, so did England.

Not even half an hour in and this game is already fucking fantastic. First time in a long time I'll be happy regardless of who wins

Well France did not deserve to be 2-1 up. Against the run of play and Croatian dominance.

But wow they're deserving victory now. 4-1

Wow. The unflappable Lloris flaps.
    4-2