Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 58

Thread: CNN Maybe Put up a Photo of the Suspect? Or does that not fit your agenda...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,606

    Default CNN Maybe Put up a Photo of the Suspect? Or does that not fit your agenda...

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/09/us/me...les/index.html

    "When reached by CNN, the LA County Sheriff's Office confirmed the attack took place but declined to comment further, saying it would soon be issuing a formal statement.
    Misbel Borjas was driving by when she saw the woman hitting Rodriguez repeatedly in the head with a concrete block, she said.
    "I heard her saying, go back to your country, go back to Mexico," she told CNN by phone. "When I tried to videotape her with my cell phone, she threw that same concrete block, tried to hit my car."
    Police are looking for the woman and four men seen in Borjas' video, Robinson told KTLA.
    Rodriguez said he doesn't remember when the woman picked up the concrete block, but he remembers being hit repeatedly. At one point, he says, the woman ran up to a group of men nearby and told them Rodriguez was trying to take her daughter away from her -- so the men joined her and started kicking him as he lay bleeding on the sidewalk, Rodriguez said.
    "But that's not true," he said, through tears. "In the years I have been alive I have never offended anyone.""

    CNN buries a link to a longer video in the story and knows people won't click on it. The entire article is trying to push an agenda and it glosses over the fact it wasn't a racist white woman who nearly killed this guy.

  2. #2
    ======== Timbuk2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,958
    I've tried and failed to find anything that indicates the perpetrator was anyone other than the woman who the victim said started the attack.

    The video in the link you refer to is not available to view outsude the US. Seems to be a link to the Sheriff's Deputy describing the attack and expressing his concern that the perpetrators are still at large.

    What do you know that the article doesn't state?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

    And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

  3. #3
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,493
    He wants CNN to show that the perpetrator is black. This is very important to Lewk because he has fully morphed into everyone's drunk racist uncle
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  4. #4
    This Vicious Cabaret Unheard Of's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    286
    That's not fair. I see no evidence that he's drunk.
    Greetings, citizen! THE COMPUTER has made you a protector of the underground city of ALPHA COMPLEX. You will have lots of fun rooting out Communist mutant traitors. The Computer says so.

  5. #5
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Unheard Of View Post
    That's not fair. I see no evidence that he's drunk.
    That's his superpower.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  6. #6
    Senior Member RandBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,563
    Racist is racist and that is bad.

    What f***ing difference does it make if the suspect is white or black? All racism is bad. Or does that not fit your agenda.

    A racist white woman has more in common on this matter with a racist black woman and if you don't see that then its only because you're racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,606
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Racist is racist and that is bad.

    What f***ing difference does it make if the suspect is white or black? All racism is bad. Or does that not fit your agenda.

    A racist white woman has more in common on this matter with a racist black woman and if you don't see that then its only because you're racist.
    You aren't from America so maybe you don't quite understand what the media does here. CNN, MSNBC, ABC etc all relentlessly push the white racism angle. If the story had a white perpetrator they would have shown the picture. Since the facts didn't align they didn't show the picture and didn't mention the race of the person committing the racist attack.

    This is the same sort of thing that MSNBC did with another story from the Obama years: https://www.mediaite.com/tv/busted-m...l-gun-footage/

    The media in America is trying to push an agenda. When the facts don't fit the agenda they selectively leave items out of the story or attempt to bury them.

  8. #8
    Senior Member RandBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    You aren't from America so maybe you don't quite understand what the media does here. CNN, MSNBC, ABC etc all relentlessly push the white racism angle. If the story had a white perpetrator they would have shown the picture. Since the facts didn't align they didn't show the picture and didn't mention the race of the person committing the racist attack.

    This is the same sort of thing that MSNBC did with another story from the Obama years: https://www.mediaite.com/tv/busted-m...l-gun-footage/

    The media in America is trying to push an agenda. When the facts don't fit the agenda they selectively leave items out of the story or attempt to bury them.
    Bullshit!

    Its standard practice when reporting an attack on an individual to report on the victim and then to report on the suspect later once they're being prosecuted etc - the exception being eg a serial killer/terrorist manhunt.

    Especially when the victim is a 91 year old, it takes a really sick and twisted racist like yourself to want to further an agenda of hate against a race rather than report on the 91 year old. Sick priorities you have that reporting on a beaten up 91 year as the main part of the story is wrong in your eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,606
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Bullshit!

    Its standard practice when reporting an attack on an individual to report on the victim and then to report on the suspect later once they're being prosecuted etc - the exception being eg a serial killer/terrorist manhunt.

    Especially when the victim is a 91 year old, it takes a really sick and twisted racist like yourself to want to further an agenda of hate against a race rather than report on the 91 year old. Sick priorities you have that reporting on a beaten up 91 year as the main part of the story is wrong in your eyes.
    lol what? They put the photo of police officers that are involved in a potentially bad shoot they very same day and there is no manhunt to find them. Again - I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, American media does things different.

  10. #10
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    lol what? They put the photo of police officers that are involved in a potentially bad shoot they very same day and there is no manhunt to find them. Again - I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, American media does things different.
    No, police officers implicated in potentially wrongful uses of force are often not identified until there's an official statement.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  11. #11
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,493
    It's not even about that. It's because Lewk has embraced Trump to own the libs. Therfore he needs to defend Trump by fighting the narrative about the resurgence of white racism among MAGA-ites.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  12. #12
    Senior Member RandBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,563
    A black racist saying "go back to Mexico" while beating up a Latino has more in common with Trumps MAGAites than with Obama or libs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  13. #13
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,493
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    A black racist saying "go back to Mexico" while beating up a Latino has more in common with Trumps MAGAites than with Obama or libs.
    Yes but she's not white.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  14. #14
    Senior Member RandBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Yes but she's not white.
    Lewk if anyone is channelling not Trump but Charles Manson wanting Helter Skelter.

    To us that article is about a vicious attack on a 91 year old. CNN chose to put up a photo of the victim.

    To Lewk that article is a missed chance to start a race war with blacks. CNN putting a photo of the victim instead of a photo of the suspect is a missed opportunity to further the race war agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Enoch the Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,179
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Lewk if anyone is channelling not Trump but Charles Manson wanting Helter Skelter.

    To us that article is about a vicious attack on a 91 year old. CNN chose to put up a photo of the victim.

    To Lewk that article is a missed chance to start a race war with blacks. CNN putting a photo of the victim instead of a photo of the suspect is a missed opportunity to further the race war agenda.
    I would wager that Lewk would say that had the perpetrator been white that is exactly what they would have done.

    I don't necessarily know I agree with that, but I also don't doubt that it would have driven more traffic to their site.

  16. #16
    Senior Member RandBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    I would wager that Lewk would say that had the perpetrator been white that is exactly what they would have done.

    I don't necessarily know I agree with that, but I also don't doubt that it would have driven more traffic to their site.
    More traffic in "white person is racist" than "91 year old is beaten up"? I do necessarily know which one is more of a man bites dog story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  17. #17
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,493
    Lewk is just fighting the good fight. He's protecting his society. You see, black people are a threat to all--dangerous, primitive, savage thugs who destroy white lives with the approval of leftist liberals and their collaborators in the lügenpresse (exemplified by MSM outlets such as CNN) whose mission it is to cover up the horrifying truth that redpilled defenders of the besieged and dwindling white race have finally woken up to, in order to further their long-term agenda of genocidal miscegenation and communistic slavery.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  18. #18
    Local talking head LittleFuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Lewk is just fighting the good fight. He's protecting his society. You see, black people are a threat to all
    That's not true. Not if they're upper-class or upper-middle class college athletes. Then they're just victims of gold-diggers and people out to bring them down with false accusations.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Lewk is just fighting the good fight. He's protecting his society. You see, black people are a threat to all--dangerous, primitive, savage thugs who destroy white lives with the approval of leftist liberals and their collaborators in the lügenpresse (exemplified by MSM outlets such as CNN) whose mission it is to cover up the horrifying truth that redpilled defenders of the besieged and dwindling white race have finally woken up to, in order to further their long-term agenda of genocidal miscegenation and communistic slavery.
    Damn you must really hate windmills.

  20. #20
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Damn you must really hate windmills.
    Only the white ones. Let's face it Lewk--you are who you are.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  21. #21
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,493
    What is RB's argument?
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  22. #22
    Senior Member Enoch the Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    What is RB's argument?
    That articles pointing out incidents of white racism, or perceived white racism don't bring in traffic, or somehow aren't news worthy here.

  23. #23
    Senior Member RandBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    That articles pointing out incidents of white racism, or perceived white racism don't bring in traffic, or somehow aren't news worthy here.
    That's not my thesis. My thesis is that CNN perfectly reasonably led on a story about a 91 year old being abused by reporting on the 91 year old being abused. The photo of a beaten up 91 year old is a more fitting photo at this stage than whatever mug shot of the suspect they might get.

    It was Lewk's thesis that CNN didn't provide a photo of the attacker (like they didn't report the race of the verbal attacker in my link) because of their race. I think that's garbage and they led with the photo of the victim as it was the more appropriate while simultaneously more shocking and more newsworthy image.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  24. #24
    Senior Member Enoch the Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,179
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    That's not my thesis. My thesis is that CNN perfectly reasonably led on a story about a 91 year old being abused by reporting on the 91 year old being abused. The photo of a beaten up 91 year old is a more fitting photo at this stage than whatever mug shot of the suspect they might get.

    It was Lewk's thesis that CNN didn't provide a photo of the attacker (like they didn't report the race of the verbal attacker in my link) because of their race. I think that's garbage and they led with the photo of the victim as it was the more appropriate while simultaneously more shocking and more newsworthy image.
    I believe it more accurate to say CNN ran a story about racism that happened to involve a 91 year old victim. It's the same reason why you can find a story about a woman in her thirties being verbally accosted because she was wearing a shirt with a Puerto Rican flag on it on CNN and not these very similar stories.

  25. #25
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,493
    He's set up a misleading comparison. The appropriate comparison is between assault without racial overtones and ones with racial overtones.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  26. #26
    Senior Member Enoch the Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,179
    He accepts your apology.

  27. #27
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,493
    Media is very narrative-focused, and this reflects a basic human fondness for narratives. That's not all that interesting. What is interesting is that a growing number of fuckwits are equating plausible and informative narratives with the warped fever-dreams that form the rancid body of far-right extremism. Perhaps all that anti-science indoctrination during childhood and adolescence have made their minds vulnerable.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  28. #28
    Senior Member RandBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,563
    All of those three look like newsworthy stories and I wouldn't object or be surprised to see any of them being reported as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  29. #29
    SEÑOR Member Aimless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,493
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    All of those three look like newsworthy stories and I wouldn't object or be surprised to see any of them being reported as is.
    That's because you live in a comparatively non-violent country with a population size a sixth of the US's.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  30. #30
    Senior Member Enoch the Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,179
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    All of those three look like newsworthy stories and I wouldn't object or be surprised to see any of them being reported as is.
    Whereas someone being mean to someone else for their choice of clothing would be?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •