Thread: CNN Maybe Put up a Photo of the Suspect? Or does that not fit your agenda...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    don't you think you're being slightly dishonest in describing an event that resulted in a man being arrested for assault and disorderly conduct, an officer being assigned desk duty for his indifference, and an official response from a governing body?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    don't you think you're being slightly dishonest in describing an event that resulted in a man being arrested for assault and disorderly conduct, an officer being assigned desk duty for his indifference, and an official response from a governing body?
    As near as I can tell he was assigned to desk duty not because of a finding of indifference, but because that is what happens when an investigation is underway. What might not be shocking is the number of cases a police officer has to deal with each day that come from people saying hurtful things to each other. That, in most cases, is not a crime. It is also not, most of the time, national news.

CNN does not typically act as a local police blotter.

Chased out of the space she paid for, but its cool, he was just being mean

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    As near as I can tell he was assigned to desk duty not because of a finding of indifference, but because that is what happens when an investigation is underway.
    An investigation that was born from his indifference to the assault.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Chased out of the space she paid for, but its cool, he was just being mean

An investigation that was born from his indifference to the assault.
    Again, this is the sort of thing that police deal with day in, day out. This kind of interaction, especially when people are intoxicated, is not exactly rare. On the ride-along I participated in there were two instances of something similar in one night, and it wasn't exactly a busy night. Neither resulted in an arrest.

There was no assault on her - at least nothing evident from that video. The assault charge, as near as I can tell, stemmed from a different call, which is why the police officer was there in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    Again, this is the sort of thing that police deal with day in, day out. This kind of interaction, especially when people are intoxicated, is not exactly rare. On the ride-along I participated in there were two instances of something similar in one night, and it wasn't exactly a busy night. Neither resulted in an arrest.
    Must suck that the department is throwing him under the bus then, as they've already said his actions did not follow procedure. Hell, the police chief straight up said thats why he is behind a desk now.

There was no assault on her - at least nothing evident from that video. The assault, as near as I can tell, was from a different call, which is why the police officer was there in the first place.
    Source? Assault doesn't have to be physical, and everything I've seen so far points to the charges being related to this incident. Even if the first officer, and later the female officer, where there for a different call.

EDIT, receipts:

Must suck that the department is throwing him under the bus then, as they've already said his actions did not follow procedure. Hell, the police chief straight up said thats why he is behind a desk now.

Source? Assult doesn't have to be physical, and everythign I've seen so far points to the arrest being related to this incident.
    It seems very possible the officer did not follow department procedures, but the drunk man did not assault her.

Quote Originally Posted by CNN
    Source

More police arrive and Irizarry says she still doesn't feel safe. The man resumes his abuse, saying: "You're not American, if you were American you wouldn't wear that. You know that right?"
    A female officerasks to see his ID and can be heard telling him that he's intoxicated, to which he replies, "Well that's your judgment." She explains that Irizarry has a permit and she warns him that he could be arrested "for not being compliant."
    "You don't come here harassing people," the officer continues. "People have just as much right to be here as you and when you're drunk, you don't belong here."

The female officer then speaks with Irizarry, who gives her version of the incident and the officer explains that they were called to the area after a report that a man was choking a woman.

Eventually the first officer on the scene takes notes of Irizarry's account of the incident and says that he was at the scene due to the separate incident, noting that she was not being attacked though acknowledging she felt threatened.

Irizarry can be heard explaining to the officer that the incident began when they had asked the group the man was in if they could move as they had a permit for the area. She said the group politely complied but her Puerto Rico shirt appeared to act as a trigger to the man.
    In the full video you can hear the racist drunk guy talking with another man, (not the police officer) about hitting someone. The most she claims is that he was, "very close to me."

Rude comments and pointing a finger are not assault, OG. Come on.
    Last edited by Enoch the Red; 07-11-2018 at 07:48 PM.