Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes

Default Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes

https://www.buzzfeed.com/skbaer/penn...bOp#.lidMD4Md4

"Gregory Longenecker, 51, of Reading, was found dead under the rear of the bulldozer that a state trooper and a Pennsylvania Game Commission employee were using to search for him in "thick underbrush" Monday morning, according to a police statement."

Don't run. The automatic assumption if you are running is that you are a violent felon, the underlying charge may be bull shit war on drugs but by running you immediately force the officers to assume you are a dangerous and hardened criminal.

Honestly our public school system needs to do a much better job of educating the populace about the consequences of running from the law. Maybe a 60 minute video at the start of the quarter of 100 suspects who ended up dying due to fleeing from the police? Bonus points if death was caught on camera.

Honestly, your pigs need to remember they aren't dogs.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

How does running equal violent felon?

Standing and fighting equals violent felon.
    Running equals coward trying to get away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Given American cops' penchant for killing innocent people I don't think it's reasonable to call people who run from cops cowards. More accurate to call twitchy cops cowards.

Did I miss the part of the Constitution that says "everything written thus far doesn't apply to anyone who runs from the cops"?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Did I miss the part of the Constitution that says "everything written thus far doesn't apply to anyone who runs from the cops"?
    Running = active present danger to society. Innocents have been killed by criminals who run. I mean technically speaking the constitution doesn't *specifically* state we should treat an active shooter any differently than a random person so you are on rather shaky ground here.

Really, Lewk? You might want to read up on what "running" entails.

Innocents have been killed by dudes so I vote we kill all dudes*

* for those who don't understand context, I'm not actually advocating killing all dudes.

They might... push past someone who falls over and hits their head on the curb? Collide into two workmen carrying a large sheet of glass?

I dunno, man I like to think of myself as an expert on running and I have to say it's pretty safe.

Even for Lewk this is strange.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Is it this guy? Is that what set him off?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-putney-bridge
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Yes, Lewk, a fleeing truck and a fleeing man is the same.

Running is bad. Running with toothpaste is really bad.

Am I doing this right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Running is bad. Running with toothpaste is really bad.

Am I doing this right?
    Yep, it's the additional mass that makes the latter more dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Running Having guns = active present danger to society. Innocents have been killed by criminals who run have guns. I mean technically speaking the constitution doesn't *specifically* state we should treat an active shooter any differently than a random person so you are on rather shaky ground here.
    So anyone with a gun should be shot?
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

That's pretty much the case for black men already.

Erm, actually you might be arguing for the opposite here. In fact, many metropolitan police departments actually have policies in place to not allow for high speed pursuits of suspects in situations where bystanders might be present/put in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    Erm, actually you might be arguing for the opposite here. In fact, many metropolitan police departments actually have policies in place to not allow for high speed pursuits of suspects in situations where bystanders might be present/put in danger.
    No, he's not. Because he strongly disagrees with those policies. He thinks the bystanders should be put in danger by police so it can be blamed on the person running. Worst case scenario as far as Lewk is concerned is that he gets to see felony-murder added to the list of charges against the person. It's win-win to him. Lewk doesn't care about preserving life. He cares about "getting the BAD GUY." Keeping lower-class people "deterred" is at the very top of his hierarchy of desires, nothing else matters more than that. Because he's insulated and is convinced he and his are never going to be at risk of being the collateral damage.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...d86f0082f.html

If only the cops shot all of the students, we wouldn't have to worry about whether they committed any crime. Right, Lewk?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    That's a delicate balance because by allowing people to get away simply due to potential harm to others in the area it only creates an incentive to flee. Personally I think police departments should do what makes sense and not have hard and fast rules on it however that needs to be paired with mandatory prison sentences for anyone who flees even if the underlying crime doesn't return a guilty verdict.

mandatory prison sentences for anyone who flees even if the underlying crime doesn't return a guilty verdict.
    Locking up people for not committing crimes now.

Oh wait. There's always thought crime. I mean the person running might be thinking about toothpaste. Running with toothpaste is a capital offence, so running while thinking about toothpaste should at least be a mandatory custodial sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

That's a delicate balance because by allowing people to get away simply due to potential harm to others in the area it only creates an incentive to flee. Personally I think police departments should do what makes sense and not have hard and fast rules on it however that needs to be paired with mandatory prison sentences for anyone who flees even if the underlying crime doesn't return a guilty verdict.
    You've still not demonstrated how people attempting to flee is a dangerous thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    You've still not demonstrated how people attempting to flee is a dangerous thing.
    The criminal (who could be a murderer, after all they are fleeing for some reason) could strike again. It isn't like criminals who have successfully fled go on to lead quiet lives. I've never seen a single person who fled from the authorities as anything other than a shit bag. They are guilty and they know it and so they flee, putting other people's lives at risk and preventing the justice system from operating.

Shooting someone is guaranteed to be a risk to the public. The criminal might or might not be. Most criminals don't go around shooting people. If they are, then you make a greater effort to apprehend them immediately.

The criminal (who could be a murderer, after all they are fleeing for some reason) could strike again.
    Alleged criminal. And the same holds true for the guy playing volleyball with his kid in the park. So?

It isn't like criminals who have successfully fled go on to lead quiet lives. I've never seen a single person who fled from the authorities as anything other than a shit bag. They are guilty and they know it and so they flee,[/quote]

Hell, I remember a case where you were ranting the same thing about someone who in fact wasn't guilty, who hadn't done anything, and who had kept driving because he assumed the cops were pursuing someone else since he knew they had jack-all reason to be chasing him.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

The criminal (who could be a murderer, after all they are fleeing for some reason) could strike again. It isn't like criminals who have successfully fled go on to lead quiet lives. I've never seen a single person who fled from the authorities as anything other than a shit bag. They are guilty and they know it and so they flee, putting other people's lives at risk and preventing the justice system from operating.
    Most criminals aren't murderers so them potentially striking again is not worth taking a life over.

Well, not a human life, no.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Most criminals aren't murderers so them potentially striking again is not worth taking a life over.

Except Lewk any kind of crime (in particular property crime) is worth taking a life over. Life is way down on his list of things with value. It really only has value if A) it is his life or one of those he cares about (at least one assumes), or if it was taken by a criminal. Taken by law enforcement or by means the government might have prevented with a little bit of spending? No value. Lost as collateral? Only has value if it can be blamed on a criminal and added to their "balance sheet"

Thread title accurately reflects what happens when lewk starts a 'cleaver' thread to 'own the libs' then makes a fool of himself with a cavalcade of illogical nonsense.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Except Lewk any kind of crime (in particular property crime) is worth taking a life over. Life is way down on his list of things with value. It really only has value if A) it is his life or one of those he cares about (at least one assumes), or if it was taken by a criminal. Taken by law enforcement or by means the government might have prevented with a little bit of spending? No value. Lost as collateral? Only has value if it can be blamed on a criminal and added to their "balance sheet"
    Lewk is Javert from Les Misérables.