Thread: Bannon in Europe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nah Trump would have called for it to be banned not accepted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    It's no coincidence that Boris wrote this article, and used the language he did, following his recent meetings with Steve Bannon.

Of all the things to talk about at the moment. Of all the priorities.

He's carving a way to be our next PM adopting a similar strategy as Trump.
    "Piccaninnies" was not a starting point, it was just a sign indicating direction. But you're right, it's no coincidence; bannon knows all about how to slowly change public discourse by inching the Overton Window rightward one small step at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    If so, it's only because American conservatives have paved the way over the course of several decades. Trump gets away with overt racism because the US is further down the road from the UK on its path towards tolerance for racism.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    "Piccaninnies" was not a starting point, it was just a sign indicating direction. But you're right, it's no coincidence; bannon knows all about how to slowly change public discourse by inching the Overton Window rightward one small step at a time.

If so, it's only because American conservatives have paved the way over the course of several decades. Trump gets away with overt racism because the US is further down the road from the UK on its path towards tolerance for racism.
    Are you saying Denmark, France, Belgium and other states that have banned the burqa did so because of US Bannon influence?

If you wanted to ban the burqa you would simply say so and say we should copy Denmark, France etc none of which are authoritarian states. You're seeing an overly convoluted conspiracy.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Are you saying Denmark, France, Belgium and other states that have banned the burqa did so because of US Bannon influence?

If you wanted to ban the burqa you would simply say so and say we should copy Denmark, France etc none of which are authoritarian states. You're seeing an overly convoluted conspiracy.
    You're construing something from my post that simply isn't there.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Are you comfortable with Boris John meeting with Steve Bannon in private?

EDIT: Whoops, ignore. I just saw on the previous page how you've lost all respect for Boris as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    Are you comfortable with Boris John meeting with Steve Bannon in private?

EDIT: Whoops, ignore. I just saw on the previous page how you've lost all respect for Boris as a result.
    Indeed I am absolutely not. The man is scum and anyone who meets with him now is beyond a fool.

Anyone who met with him years ago I could excuse, it wasn't clear years ago how utterly repugnant he truly is. It is now.

Indeed I am absolutely not. The man is scum and anyone who meets with him now is beyond a fool.

Anyone who met with him years ago I could excuse, it wasn't clear years ago how utterly repugnant he truly is. It is now.
    But in this instance, Boris isn't scum, or beyond a fool - just a "tad wry". Is my understanding correct?