Thread: Bannon in Europe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You didn't answer my question. I'll ask again: how would Boris' remarks help persuade that lady, who chooses to wear what she does, to stop wearing it?

I didn't say we couldn't criticise what we oppose. You're literally making stuff up. It's perfectly possible to criticise something without insulting people; MPs should try it sometime.

How about this? Anyone who forces anybody to wear something they don't want to should be punished; but if somebody chooses to wear it in public then that's fine with us. Employers should have the freedom to decide based on the role. Body language is one of the most important tools of communication and being able to see somebody's face is beneficial in establishing and maintaining effective communication. It's not essential, but it is helpful. As a nation, we won't tolerate oppression of any kind, and whilst we recognise that some people choose to wear a Burka for their own personal reasons, others do not and suffer in silence. We encourage communities and neighbours to raise alarm where there are signs of oppression and abuse the law will intervene where necessary.

See - it's not that hard is it? No insults, no name calling. I'm just a lowly pleb who whipped this up in a minute (and it shows), but I think this is more along the lines of what I'd expect from leaders of our state. It's called decency.
    Last edited by gogobongopop; 08-09-2018 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    You didn't answer my question. I'll ask again: how would Boris' remarks help persuade that lady, who chooses to wear what she does, to stop wearing it?

I didn't say we couldn't criticise what we oppose. You're literally making stuff up. It's perfectly possible to criticise something without insulting people; MPs should try it sometime.

How about this? Anyone who forces anybody to wear something they don't want to should be punished; but if somebody chooses to wear it in public then that's fine with us. Employers should have the freedom to decide based on the role. Body language is one of the most important tools of communication and being able to see somebody's face is beneficial in establishing and maintaining effective communication. It's not essential, but it is helpful. As a nation, we won't tolerate oppression of any kind, and whilst we recognise that some people choose to wear a Burka for their own personal reasons, others do not and suffer in silence. We encourage communities and neighbours to raise alarm where there are signs of oppression and abuse the law will intervene where necessary.

See - it's not that hard is it? No insults, no name calling. I'm just a lowly pleb who whipped this up in a minute (and it shows), but I think this is more along the lines of what I'd expect from leaders of our state. It's called decency.
    Well said
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.