Thread: Kafka not in the UK's courtroom

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Around here hundreds of us are called at once and you spend the whole day jumping from jury pool to jury pool until you're picked or the business day ends. We don't know what the cases are until we walk into the courtroom with 20 other people from that pool of hundreds. Pretty sure judges are exempt anyway cause their relationships with the other judges.

I did once get out of jury duty cause it was the same week as the monster truck show I already had tickets too
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Nothing could be more American than that reason
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Around here hundreds of us are called at once and you spend the whole day jumping from jury pool to jury pool until you're picked or the business day ends.
    Depends on how busy the courtrooms are in your area. In my quieter area, there will rarely be more than one case going through voire dire on a particular day.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"