Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Hoax

Default Another Hoax

https://bnonews.com/site/index.php/2...pt-was-a-hoax/

"Cavil admitted in an interview on Monday that he made up the story. “I did write it … I’m sorry. I deeply made a huge, big mistake. And I’m in the process of getting the help that I need,” Cavil told the Odessa American newspaper.

Cavil explained that he had hoped his hoax would spur conversation “about this hatred that is still going on, that is still here and prevalent.” He also promised to return donations which he received from strangers."

Yes the hatred is so great you couldn't find a single personal example so you made one up. What a complete piece of garbage. I swear when someone cries racism these days I'm inclined to initially think its more likely to be a hoax than reality.

Really, Lewk? A new low for you.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Really, Lewk? A new low for you.
    I'm pretty certain we've seen more hoaxes than real items in the media. What's worse is that its pretty difficult to get caught in a hoax, so likely far more never become uncovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I'm pretty certain we've seen more hoaxes than real items in the media.
    This is like when you were pretty sure the world is 6000 years old, or that left wing terrorism is claiming more lives in the US than right wing terrorism. It's hilariously wrong and reflects your ignorance, bias and over-reliance on Fox.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I suspect Lewk is right here.

Given how commonplace racism is in the US, institutionally and otherwise, continued specific instances are not going to make the news.

The odd hoax is rare and therefore much more newsworthy.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 07-25-2018 at 07:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

In the current news climate, both are newsworthy, but real events are more commonly reported in general. It's just that Fox and lewk's white genocide forums have an embargo on inconvenient news. In addition to this, hate crimes and other incidents involving that kind of discrimination are UNDERreported, by both victims and police.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    In addition to this, hate crimes and other incidents involving that kind of discrimination are UNDERreported, by both victims and police.
    Aye - which speaks to the same point of it being commonplace. People are going to be less inclined to report stuff that they are subject to continuously than if said stuff were infrequent.

Plus if you factor in (to some extent perceived?) institutional racism, people are going to be less inclined to report stuff if they feel the authorities are less inclined to care/take it seriously/take action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Aye - which speaks to the same point of it being commonplace. People are going to be less inclined to report stuff that they are subject to continuously than if said stuff were infrequent.

Plus if you factor in (to some extent perceived?) institutional racism, people are going to be less inclined to report stuff if they feel the authorities are less inclined to care/take it seriously/take action.
    Just as we see with sexual assault. If reporting is unlikely to lead to punishment for the perpetrator and is instead likely to cause you economic and emotional harm, then you will be less likely to report. But we must remember that Lewk operates in a twisted universe where it is a badge of honour to see conspiracies where there are none, while stubbornly ignoring those conspiracies that are there right in front of them. He's in bed with Pizzagaters and QAnon.

I've never supported the Pizzagate nonsense.

And your conspiratorial mindset is no different from theirs.

Meanwhile, out in the real world:

https://www.google.se/amp/s/heavy.co...y-whitman/amp/

Meanwhile in the real world:

Meanwhile, in the real world:

I've never claimed there is no racism however the number of hoaxes is alarming. It must be frustrating for someone who deeply believes they are victims of racism to never have people act racist toward them in a way they can report. The demand for racism exceeds its supply.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8363616.html

https://wnyt.com/news/natia-shim-log...322/?cat=10114

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...tack-1.4487716

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor...ce_muslim.html

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/06/k-...m_medium=email

https://www.richmond.com/news/local/...b31a735f7.html

https://auburnpub.com/news/local/pol...7ea46f2c5.html

https://www.syracuse.com/state/index...pstate_ny.html

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/31355/

I could go on. And keep in mind these are just the idiots that are *caught* there are probably FAR more that are never caught in their lies.

Of course in the real world we see only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to real incidents, the reported number of which far exceeds the number of reported hoaxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Of course in the real world we see only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to real incidents, the reported number of which far exceeds the number of reported hoaxes.
    I just matched you case for case. And you even used dubious items like the Starbucks arrest which the police were 100% obligated to do.

Yes, and I too can post more examples of minorities being harassed on racial grounds just for being who they are, and eventually you'd run out of examples dredged from the racist swamps in which you dwell. And those are just the publicized events, ie only a small portion of those that are reported to police and an even smaller portion of all events that occur. I understand you desperately want to believe in this conspiracy but it's just more of your pizzagate-style nonsense.

Just how racist does one have to be to ignore the plethora of evidence of institutional racism, ranging from lower callback rates for jobs to discrimination in housing to harsher sentences for the same crimes. And that doesn't even begin to describe the daily racism African Americans face in this country (especially in Lewk's neck of the woods).

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I swear when someone cries racism these days I'm inclined to initially think its more likely to be a hoax than reality.
    That's a shame, because racism is real. And racism is more prevalent than any 'hoaxes' you'll find on the internet -- it just isn't documented the same way, probably because it's so commonplace -- in nuanced and subtle ways that you just don't see.

It's also disturbing that you use these 'hoaxes' to support your view that racism is overblown or exaggerated, so dismissing it altogether is ok by you.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    That's a shame, because racism is real. And racism is more prevalent than any 'hoaxes' you'll find on the internet -- it just isn't documented the same way, probably because it's so commonplace -- in nuanced and subtle ways that you just don't see.

It's also disturbing that you use these 'hoaxes' to support your view that racism is overblown or exaggerated, so dismissing it altogether is ok by you.
    Racism is real. I've never claimed otherwise. In fact I've routinely bashed the Democratic party for it.

Another hoax

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Cops backing the racist's victim and not the racist. Who would have thought it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Sometimes even American cops can't ignore the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Cops backing the racist's victim and not the racist. Who would have thought it?
    I'm just happy they are taking destruction of property seriously for once.

The crazy thing is this fake hate crime actually got way more news than the real hate crime trial verdict.

https://abcnews.go.com/International...-case-56862682

"A Jordanian immigrant could face the death penalty after a Texas jury convicted him of killing his daughter's American husband and an Iranian women's rights activist in what prosecutors described as "honor killings."

Prosecutors say Ali Mahwood-Awad Irsan was enraged when Nesreen Irsan left home to marry a Christian and convert to Christianity, so he orchestrated the killings of his son-in-law and his daughter's close friend who had encouraged the marriage."

Jordanian Muslim murders Christians in Texas would be a fine headline. And bonus points - it ACTUALLY happened.

I swear to you if a Christian had murdered two Muslims for the sake of their families honor in the States we would be hearing about it quite a bit and get endlessly lectured on how evil the Republicans xenophobia is as to the cause and reason for it.

Lewk, hundreds of women get murdered in the US by their boyfriend, husband, or father every year. Interesting that the only detail that interests you is whether the killer was foreign (or a Muslim).

American men shooting their estranged wives/girlfriends/random dates to death--often along with children, other family members and friends--don't really get widespread coverage anymore because these killings have become so commonplace in the US. It is telling that Lewk never feels the need to discuss them unless some specific criteria are met. It's certainly true that Lewk is a racist, but I think this particular quirk reflects a more important part of his identity, namely that of a contemptible troll. He doesn't care about women, nor does he really care about non-white people, Muslims etc--his intent is simply to try to troll those he sees as his opponents by using other people as tools. This makes him even lower than a racist, because it shows him to simply be a slave to his basest drives and most absurd fetishes. He's not even an ideologue; he's just a troll.

White guy down here attacked his girlfriend and killed a bunch of kids. Don't remember Lewk ranting about that one...
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."