Thread: This is pretty funny

Default This is pretty funny

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...-over-any-more

An Alberta man has legally changed his gender purely to benefit from the lower car insurance rates offered to women.

“I didn’t feel like getting screwed over any more,” the man, identified only as “David,” told CBC this week.

For more than three years, Alberta has been among several provinces in which residents can legally change the sex on their birth certificates without providing evidence of genital surgery.

Under a 2015 reform brought in by Alberta’s Progressive Conservatives, to change the gender on a birth certificate applicants need only provide a note from an accredited physician or psychologist indicating that they identify as a different sex.

“It was pretty simple. I just basically asked for it and told (the doctor) that I identify as a woman, or I’d like to identify as a woman, and he wrote me the letter I wanted,” David told CBC.

Once a birth certificate is amended, it’s then a simple process to have the change applied to an Alberta driver’s licence.
    "

As an aside I don't have any problems with charging men more auto insurance but somehow I bet people who also feel the same way on this board would take issue with charging women more health insurance.

I can respect people who say men and women shouldn't be charged more for auto insurance or health insurance based on gender.

I can respect people who say men and women should be charged for auto insurance or health insurance based on gender.

But I really can't respect someone who thinks it should be one way and not the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post

As an aside I don't have any problems with charging men more auto insurance but somehow I bet people who also feel the same way on this board would take issue with charging women more health insurance.

I can respect people who say men and women shouldn't be charged more for auto insurance or health insurance based on gender.

I can respect people who say men and women should be charged for auto insurance or health insurance based on gender.

But I really can't respect someone who thinks it should be one way and not the other.
    So IOW, you're not taking a stance on the issue, but don't respect people who take a stance?
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 07-28-2018 at 08:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Lewk, you're not very good at telling funny stories. I'm sorry man. You kinda suck at it.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    So IOW, you're not taking a stance on the issue, but don't respect people who take a stance?
    I respect consistency. If you can charge one gender more for one thing than you should be able to charge the other gender more for something else. My direct view is that insurance is risk based pricing should be allowed along gender lines. However if someone thinks that risk based pricing shouldn't be allowed on gender lines and *remains consistent with that belief* I can respect the argument and don't think they are hypocritical piece of shit.

The problem that I have is when people are fully OK with charging men more for something but get all pissy if women are charged more for something.

My direct view is that insurance is risk based pricing should be allowed along gender lines.
    I agree.

However if someone thinks that risk based pricing shouldn't be allowed on gender lines and *remains consistent with that belief* I can respect the argument and don't think they are hypocritical piece of shit.

The problem that I have is when people are fully OK with charging men more for something but get all pissy if women are charged more for something.
    I'm not sure where else women or men are charged unequally, but if it's reasonable to charge differently along gender lines as it is with motor insurance, then I have no issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.