Thread: Why Democrats make terrible Judges

Default Why Democrats make terrible Judges

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...14-story.html#

"Backus set $20,000 bond for each defendant and ordered that the two men and three women wear ankle monitors, have weekly contact with their attorneys, not consume alcohol and have no firearms.

Backus said prosecutors failed to articulate that the suspects issued any specific threats or had any plan against the community, despite providing concerning information that suggested the group plotted terror acts.

More than a week ago police raided the five suspects’ property — a squalid makeshift living compound near the Colorado state line — in response a report of children living in filth, severe hunger, and amid such dangers as a leaky propane tank."

New Mexico may need to take a page from West Virginia's playbook.

Where does it say the judge is a Democrat?

Link is one of those that blocks Europe due to GDPR.

Edit but a quick Google reveals she is a Democrat: https://ballotpedia.org/Sarah_Backus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Appointed by a Republican Governor

Using Lewk's metrics, Republican Governors appoint terrible judges
    Last edited by GGT; 08-14-2018 at 10:33 AM.

Using anecdotes to make generalizations, but only about the other side is a standard sign of tribalism/nationalism and cognitive simplicity.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Oooh, burn.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Using anecdotes to make generalizations, but only about the other side is a standard sign of tribalism/nationalism and cognitive simplicity.
    I pretty much never make posts that will gain widespread agreement. I see no reason to post things would generate no more discussion than "yeah that's true"

There's a range of possible outcomes between "posting things to gain agreement" and posting lies.

There's a range of possible outcomes between "posting things to gain agreement" and posting lies.
    "Using anecdotes to make generalizations, but only about the other side is a standard sign of tribalism/nationalism and cognitive simplicity."

These two seem quite different. Where is the lie in this story? Though I will admit I'm certainly biased in what I bring to the table, pretty much exactly like all major media stations have done for decades. The different being is that I admit that I'm partisan.

It's not the judge's place to fill in the gaps if the prosecution can't articulate the threat.

These people lost their kids and guns. That pretty much sums up what we know about them as a threat. A threat that, according to the prosecution, wouldn't have materialized until their dead son returned as jesus. They are monitored and have to have weekly check-ins.

What exactly do you gain from posting about this now? Beyond trying spread more anti-muslim fear? Are you going to come back and apologize when nothing comes from these disturbed people?
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 08-15-2018 at 02:14 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

It's not the judge's place to fill in the gaps if the prosecution can't articulate the threat.

These people lost their kids and guns. That pretty much sums up what we know about them as a threat. A threat that, according to the prosecution, wouldn't have materialized until their dead son returned as jesus. They are monitored and have to have weekly check-ins.

What exactly do you gain from posting about this now? Beyond trying spread more anti-muslim fear? Are you going to come back and apologize when nothing comes from these disturbed people?
    Since none of us were in the courtroom we can do little more than speculate. But what we do know...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/13...-training.html

-One child was found dead
    -Children were *trained* to kill
    -Individuals had ties to terrorist group responsible for WTC bombing
    -Group had a variety of weapons and had built defensive fortifications
    -Signs of child abuse and unsanitary living was found
    -Individuals were wanted for other crimes (illegal immigration & kidnapping)

Where is the bar for a denial of bail? Do they have to outright say "I'm going to murder everyone" ??

How do we know these claims? Cause they aren't in the link you provided. In fact the link straight up says they made "no aggressive efforts to defend their compound." Your link does more to verifiy my post (including waiting for Jesus) and little to verifiy your claims. Even the "variety" of weapons was limited to store bought guns.

Youre not in the courtroom but that didn't stop you from trying to spread bullshit, you even went with fox and still couldn't justify your claims.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

How do we know these claims? Cause they aren't in the link you provided. In fact the link straight up says they made "no aggressive efforts to defend their compound." Your link does more to verifiy my post (including waiting for Jesus) and little to verifiy your claims. Even the "variety" of weapons was limited to store bought guns.

Youre not in the courtroom but that didn't stop you from trying to spread bullshit, you even went with fox and still couldn't justify your claims.
    So if all the claims listed are true you'd agree the judge should have made a different decision?

If all the claims are true and there was any indication at the time that something like this or something similarly bad could have occurred, it's fair to argue (with hindsight) that the judge should have made a different decision. The judge's political affiliation is irrelevant.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    So if all the claims listed are true you'd agree the judge should have made a different decision?
    The only one that would give me pause is the terrorist ties. But that would depend heavily on what you consider a tie. For you that could very well mean they had the same color skin. Especially since you have still failed to justify or source the claims you have already made.

The other marks, in the context of this case, do not show an immediate threat to the community or a flight risk. Not surprising considering that this forum has had to explain to you more than once what bonds are for.

The only one that would give me pause is the terrorist ties. But that would depend heavily on what you consider a tie. For you that could very well mean they had the same color skin. Especially since you have still failed to justify or source the claims you have already made.

The other marks, in the context of this case, do not show an immediate threat to the community or a flight risk. Not surprising considering that this forum has had to explain to you more than once what bonds are for.
    Dead children, kidnapped child, indoctrinated and trained for terror and all that doesn't give you pause. But here you go from a non-fox news source:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/siraj-w...urt-documents/

"The man arrested at a squalid New Mexico compound is the son of a controversial Brooklyn imam who was on a list of people who "may be alleged as co-conspirators" to the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, according to court documents released by prosecutors Wednesday. Siraj Wahhaj, who shares a name with his son who was arrested Saturday, testified as a character witness for Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman, the notorious "blind sheikh" who was convicted in 1995 of plotting terror attacks in the U.S."

So one guy out of the group is the son of a guy who knew a guy that was involved in a bombing. And that's what you used as a tie to a terrorist organization?

Christ lewk do you even bother reading the shit you link to?

So no, none of that stuff gives me pause for granting bail. They are serious charges, but not crazy enough to deny bail. The kids were their own, including the dead/kidnapped one. He may have been training his kids to use firearms but YouTube is full of crazy ass white folks doing the same for their 5-6 year olds.

As it stands right now those arrested are without their kids and their weapons, requiring regular check-ins and under monitoring. So that pretty much kills the threat that the prosecution presented.

You have to remember that these people are still innocent. But you refuse to see that because you are, in the words of Mr. Buzz, a sad, strange little man.

So one guy out of the group is the son of a guy who knew a guy that was involved in a bombing. And that's what you used as a tie to a terrorist organization?

Christ lewk do you even bother reading the shit you link to?

So no, none of that stuff gives me pause for granting bail. They are serious charges, but not crazy enough to deny bail. The kids were their own, including the dead/kidnapped one. He may have been training his kids to use firearms but YouTube is full of crazy ass white folks doing the same for their 5-6 year olds.

As it stands right now those arrested are without their kids and their weapons, requiring regular check-ins and under monitoring. So that pretty much kills the threat that the prosecution presented.

You have to remember that these people are still innocent. But you refuse to see that because you are, in the words of Mr. Buzz, a sad, strange little man.
    Ties with family who support jihadists and then the group trains kids to carry out terrorist attacks and you don't think its relevant.

Lewk it's not good to be partisan. Our goal as a human is to acknowledge the bias in our brain and try to minimize it. While you instead aim to optimize it, it's really quite funny. I guess that's why Earth is an amusing planet. All us animals trying to make sense of things.

Secondly, don't knock CNN and Fox so much. They know they are partisan. They are simply smart of enough to know that if they deny it many other people, who for some reason humans don't like to think, will believe them. I'm just happy that my brain was born to love thinking, asking, and searching.

By the way, I'm not sure how good looking you are, or how well spoken. However, I noticed the first two posts I replied to were yours, so you have a decent talent in click-baitiness, and you can make a small fortune doing You-Tube Rants and potentially convert that to 100ks if you do it well enough and Fox wants to pick you up. I think that'd be perfect for you. One you believe in the stuff (so no inner struggle) and two you'd get paid like Glenn Beck was and Tomi Laren to do exactly what you do: Come up with provocative material and post it.

A golden opportunity would be to do a loud obnoxious youtube rant attacking the haters of Alex Jones, as he's a hot topic being looked up right now by part of your demographic. Another option would be to try a radio show.

https://www.kxly.com/news/national-n...case/787892744
    all charges dropped against 3 of the suspects.

easy bail, their "compound" was bulldozed before trial, and now 3 are clear because the prosecutors failed to move forward with charges. Looking more and more like the original narrative that Lewk latched onto might have been a tiny bit exaggerated.

https://www.kxly.com/news/national-n...case/787892744
    all charges dropped against 3 of the suspects.

easy bail, their "compound" was bulldozed before trial, and now 3 are clear because the prosecutors failed to move forward with charges. Looking more and more like the original narrative that Lewk latched onto might have been a tiny bit exaggerated.
    Were not dismissed with prejudice, they can re-file. This looks more like the prosecutor's office being utter imbeciles.

Lewk, the problem is your belief that "Democrats make terrible judges". You can post anecdotes all day long.....but that only exposes your racist views, and a fundamental misunderstanding about our judicial system, which strives to be apolitical, with no litmus test based on party affiliation.

Why am I not surprised you get your news from an outlet known for its neo-Nazi and Putin-loving writers?

Why am I not surprised you get your news from an outlet known for its neo-Nazi and Putin-loving writers?
    The site links back directly to a .gov site.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-nm/pr/f...piracy-charges

The gov link makes no mention of training children in acts of terror, yet that's how your first link opens. Do you not see why so many people laugh at your choice of sources?