View Poll Results: Will Trump attempt to fire Mueller within the next three months?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah

3 50.00%
  • Nah

3 50.00%

Thread: Mueller Time?

Default Mueller Time?

I think it's about time have a poll on this.

Will Trump attempt to fire Mueller sometime in the next three months?

If he does fire Mueller, what will Congress do?

The first question is a straight yes/no answer on the poll. The answer to the second question can be given here in the thread.

Litman echoes some of my thoughts in the discussion about that David Frum piece about the US's possible path to an autocracy.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I don't know about the next three months, but I think at some point he's going to try and get rid of him.

As for what Congress will do... probably issue statements saying they're 'very concerned' then get on with trying to pass legislation to legalise raging wild-fires or designate the entire state of Maine as a nuclear waste repository, or whatever Republican bullshit they're up to when this actually happens?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I voted No. Precedent with firing Mueller (Nixon) is not a happy one and it would be truly a last resort. I can't see it happening within three months - though potentially later on who knows.

If he does then that would be obstruction of justice and I think Articles of Impeachment will be served by the Democrat-controlled Congress in 2019, following Nixon's precedent. Nothing will happen until the new Congress is sworn in (in January 2019?) following the midterms.

I believe in the last 20-30 years the only time Congress hasn't changed hands after the White House does was in the 2002 elections which happened in the backdrop of Bush being perceived to be strong and patriotic following 9/11 and the build up to the Iraq war. With the GOP already down to 51 Senate seats and plumbing new lows in favourability the 2018 midterms are the Democrats to lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    I don't know about the next three months, but I think at some point he's going to try and get rid of him.

As for what Congress will do... probably issue statements saying they're 'very concerned' then get on with trying to pass legislation to legalise raging wild-fires or designate the entire state of Maine as a nuclear waste repository, or whatever Republican bullshit they're up to when this actually happens?
    I no long believe this.

The attacks on Mueller and his investigation from the Republicans and the right wing media are not building up to an attempt to fire Mueller, but a pre-emptive justification for simply ignoring anything he reports.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I'll cautiously venture to say no. But the whole investigation seems silly. The story seems to be that Donald Trump is guilt of something, and Muller's job is to figure out what.

I never thought I'd see a left-wing Red Scare but here we are.

No, the story is that there is evidence that Russia is guilty of a series of somethings.

12 new indictments, now for the DNC hack. Pretty clear an indictment of Roger Stone is coming but this little tidbit was even more interesting:

There is no way anyone could know this was happening. It's not like Trump stood in front of cameras and just told Russia to do it or anything.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

New development:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...57f_story.html

I predict a spectacular "executive time" coming up soon.

The Mueller investigation has now paid for itself.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Someone shared this on another site I go to. Can't link as they just quoted and didn't link.
    The president’s legal team put out an initial statement that said: “the President did nothing wrong and Paul Manafort will tell the truth.” Minutes later, they put out a new statement that said simply: “the President did nothing wrong.”

— Eamon Javers (@EamonJavers) September 14, 2018

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Lesson... don't conspire against the the United States or tamper with witnesses.

I swear it isn't complicated.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come