Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The worst and the best websites

Default The worst and the best websites

I was wondering about the worst and best websites you have ever visited.
    What makes them cool/uncool?
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

Me?

Well. Gee ... umm ... there are like, you know, um, like sooo many websites out there. Like. You know. Sort of thing. Um.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Fallout3nexus.com

Quote Originally Posted by Knux897 View Post
    Fallout3
    <sigh>

What a letdown. Maybe FO:NV will be... not a massive turd, because they've got a decent studio and dev team working on it.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

I know Fallout 3 was a letdown compared to others but was still an amazing game. I mostly like it because of the modding capabilties and how flexible it is. Can't wait for New Vegas or an elder scrolls V for that matter

How so? As an FPS title, it was mediocre at best, and as an RPG, it was abysmal. I don't see how you get amazing out of that - but speaking of modding, has anyone managed to mod it into something resembling an RPG?
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

....well give me your defintion as an rpg. If you argue that one of the top ranking rpgs is not an rpg, then you should have your reasons ready.

Sounds like a pretty clear "no" to my question of whether anyone's modded it into something resembling an RPG. Oh well. What a waste - hopefully Obsidian will be able to create something useful with Bethseda's shitty engine.

Sounds like a "I just jumped on the bandwagon and says what a few others say without really knowing what I'm talking about". Perhaps if I knew your reasons, then I would know what mods you would be implying.

It's an exploration game, duh.

Someone's defending Fallout 3? Ban with prejudice, lock thread
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I got bored playing Fallout 3, it took me much longer to get bored with Bioshock, now I'm bored playing Torchlight.

Boring!
    Such is Life...

How can you not get bored with a linear game like Bioshock? Fallout 3 has so much more replay value than most things these days. I still fail to see the faults of the game (maybe except the leveling and skill system but not a big deal)

So young, so much to learn.

How can you not get bored with a linear game like Bioshock? Fallout 3 has so much more replay value than most things these days. I still fail to see the faults of the game (maybe except the leveling and skill system but not a big deal)
    Bioshock was more interesting and for a while had a story that I wanted to hear/see the rest of, Fallout was just plain boring from the beginning.
    Such is Life...

Fallout 3 has so much more replay value than most things these days. I still fail to see the faults of the game (maybe except the leveling and skill system but not a big deal)
    A testament to how shitty most games are these days. As for the game's faults, we've already been over that - mediocre FPS, abysmal RPG. The best thing about the game was how fucking cool I could make my character look in various outfits. Which isn't so much a video game, as playing Barbie on a computer screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Someone's defending Fallout 3? Ban with prejudice, lock thread
    Its a fine game for anyone who doesn't have any personal attachments to the prior games, and if it makes some people want to play Fallout 1 and 2, how evil can it be?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Its a fine game for anyone who doesn't have any personal attachments to the prior games, and if it makes some people want to play Fallout 1 and 2, how evil can it be?

I had grown to like you over the recent months. Now you go and stab me in the thigh like this.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    A testament to how shitty most games are these days. As for the game's faults, we've already been over that - mediocre FPS, abysmal RPG. The best thing about the game was how fucking cool I could make my character look in various outfits. Which isn't so much a video game, as playing Barbie on a computer screen.
    Yeah that shady hat was badass. Maybe best thing on the game. I want one real bad.
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

I had grown to like you over the recent months. Now you go and stab me in the thigh like this.
    I've never gotten to play Fallout 1 or 2, so I have no reason yet to hate Fallout 3 other than people telling me to...

Edit: To be frank though I don't like it for the storyline, I just like it for the post apocalyptic setting, and the semi open world. It could be Apocalypse 2175 and I'd still rate it the same.
    . . .

You know, the fact that Cain is excited about playing Barbie on a computer screen is maybe a little sad.

They make girl games for that, you know.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Do it now

I like Fallout 3
    (Disclaimer: Never played the first two.)

That said, it's review scores are higher than personally would give.
    The combat is just not terribly fun, (felt the same way about Oblivion.)
    Nice graphics, rich gameworld, love the setting, exploration is fun...but yeah, combat.

Can appreciate the reality of degrading gear, encumbrance, and scarcity of items, but none of that is really fun..*shrug*

Spent a lot more time playing Borderlands, which isn't anywhere near as deep, but...well, it's fun.

Can appreciate the reality of degrading gear, encumbrance, and scarcity of items, but none of that is really fun..*shrug*
    Next thing you'll tell us you didn't love System Shock 2 like most people love nutrition

Hmm..I thought it was rather boring the first time I played through but the more I played the more I discovered that was worthwhile doing. Plus all the amazing professional looking mods out there that really enhanced everything. Maybe thats the key to why I enjoy it.

Next thing you'll tell us you didn't love System Shock 2 like most people love nutrition
    Never played it.

I'm just not as deep as many people here seem to be.
    Can appreciate the nuances of such details, but will ultimately never enjoy them as much as the more thoughtful gamers.
    Sorry, I'm shallow

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    My only complaint is that it has the same enemy leveling as Oblivion. I preferred Morrowind's where there were areas you'd get your ass handed to you if you weren't at a high enough level, like the Daedric ruins. Open worlds are great, but I like the satisfaction of finally being able to go somewhere that was too dangerous before. The D.C. Mall was the only area that came close to that.
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Its a fine game for anyone who doesn't have any personal attachments to the prior games
    Enh - it was just so boring... and all the engine bugs really fucked up even the FPS aspect of the game, so... no, craptastic. Nothing like working yourself into a perfect sniper position behind a bunch of rocks, carefully positioning yourself so only the barrel of your rifle is visible, lining up your target for a perfect headshot... and then having the bullet somehow hit the rocks (6 inches behind the end of barrel), alerting the whole fucking mass of enemies.

Talk about a fucking turd. And that's without even getting into all the issues with NPCs wandering into seams between walls and ending up in non-existent locations on the game map (X: 10, Y -643765, Z: 4 or w/e) or being so braindead as to spend 4 hours walking into a railing until they somehow fall to their deaths while you're out "exploring" (ZOMG, look, I found more wasteland!). And it's not that there's anything wrong with vast expanses of post-apocalyptic wasteland or anything, but that's all there was.

So no, it's just awful, awful, awful.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    You know, the fact that Cain is excited about playing Barbie on a computer screen is maybe a little sad.
    I said it was the best thing about the game, not that it was enjoyable, per se - like the best thing about drinking piss is that urine is sterile, so you won't get diseased. Damning with faint praise and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    Enh - it was just so boring... and all the engine bugs really fucked up even the FPS aspect of the game, so... no, craptastic. Nothing like working yourself into a perfect sniper position behind a bunch of rocks, carefully positioning yourself so only the barrel of your rifle is visible, lining up your target for a perfect headshot... and then having the bullet somehow hit the rocks (6 inches behind the end of barrel), alerting the whole fucking mass of enemies.
    Maybe you had powder build-up in your barrel..

Or maybe they made it so you had to treat your sniper rifle as an actual sniper rifle instead of a scoped machine gun like call of duty