Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Should Kavanaugh be confirmed for SCOTUS?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I actually agree. Anyone who has the full information can only conclude she's lying. Having to sit there and pander to people and go on about how you believe her but thinks she's mistaken... bleh disgusting. Call a liar a liar.
    Ok, liar.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Given actual physical evidence (say a blue dress from one of the many "gang rapes" he attended) I would anticipate Republicans would do the right thing.
    I'm so dissappointed in you Lewk. Why do you not think for yourself? You have a brain, stand up from the shackles of being a sheep. You don't need a shepherd. Not God, Not Republicans.

Why vote note to Kavanaugh? How about he is an a-hole. Why vote note to Kavanaugh? How about he is an a-hole? Honestly, I don't care lies, the backstabbing.. that to me is a part of politics and even though it makes him a despicable person to me and I myself will not do that shit (at least not like that); however, his attitude, his dismissiveness, his lack of caring for the people's work this is why he should not be admitted. There is not enough evidence that he raped someone but there is enough evidence to vote for him. Hence 2 republicans didn't vote for him. At least two of them aren't whipped fully.

Huh? His lack of caring for the people's work?

He also said Kavanaugh was "found innocent" in his confirmation speech.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    He also said Kavanaugh was "found innocent" in his confirmation speech.
    Legally speaking that's how it works.

Legally speaking that's how it works.
    By western standards, he was not found innocent. There was no real investigation. This was not a trial. A thorough investigation that found no evidence of guilt or found evidence of false accusations would have justified the claim. If you do not adhere to even the lowest legal standards, you cannot claim that your legalistic conclusions have any real substance.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    By western standards, he was not found innocent. There was no real investigation. This was not a trial. A thorough investigation that found no evidence of guilt or found evidence of false accusations would have justified the claim. If you do not adhere to even the lowest legal standards, you cannot claim that your legalistic conclusions have any real substance.
    Itsa joke about the President declaring someone innocent. The courts never find people innocent even when reaching a not-guilty verdict.

The only joke was the sham investigation, worthy of a banana republic.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

Itsa joke about the President declaring someone innocent. The courts never find people innocent even when reaching a not-guilty verdict.
    A not guilty verdict means people can say they've been "proven innocent" of the charges in a court of law. And you know damn well this wasn't a court trial, so the standards of proof and evidence are different (lower). If you felt Kavanaugh's testimony was more credible than Dr. Ford's, it would still be a he said/she said scenario that could only be sussed out with a full FBI investigation. Not the sham background check that didn't interview either one of them.

Besides, Kavanaugh lied under oath during his senate confirmation process, well before the sexual assault allegations came to light, and that should have been enough to disqualify him for the position. But his pre-prepared conspiratorial rant and written apology the next day showed he doesn't have the temperament for the highest court. It was unacceptable that a sitting federal judge treated (Democrat) senators with such contempt and disrespect, especially Klobuchar, and not as constitutional co-equals.

But congrats to partisan Republicans (like McConnell) for confirming a young member of the Federalist Society to a life term on SCOTUS and re-designing the court for generations?? Maybe now we'll get to see what they really think about Executive powers and Presidential privileges....