Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Should Kavanaugh be confirmed for SCOTUS?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I actually agree. Anyone who has the full information can only conclude she's lying. Having to sit there and pander to people and go on about how you believe her but thinks she's mistaken... bleh disgusting. Call a liar a liar.
    Ok, liar.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Given actual physical evidence (say a blue dress from one of the many "gang rapes" he attended) I would anticipate Republicans would do the right thing.
    I'm so dissappointed in you Lewk. Why do you not think for yourself? You have a brain, stand up from the shackles of being a sheep. You don't need a shepherd. Not God, Not Republicans.

Why vote note to Kavanaugh? How about he is an a-hole. Why vote note to Kavanaugh? How about he is an a-hole? Honestly, I don't care lies, the backstabbing.. that to me is a part of politics and even though it makes him a despicable person to me and I myself will not do that shit (at least not like that); however, his attitude, his dismissiveness, his lack of caring for the people's work this is why he should not be admitted. There is not enough evidence that he raped someone but there is enough evidence to vote for him. Hence 2 republicans didn't vote for him. At least two of them aren't whipped fully.

He also said Kavanaugh was "found innocent" in his confirmation speech.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    He also said Kavanaugh was "found innocent" in his confirmation speech.
    Legally speaking that's how it works.

Legally speaking that's how it works.
    By western standards, he was not found innocent. There was no real investigation. This was not a trial. A thorough investigation that found no evidence of guilt or found evidence of false accusations would have justified the claim. If you do not adhere to even the lowest legal standards, you cannot claim that your legalistic conclusions have any real substance.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    By western standards, he was not found innocent. There was no real investigation. This was not a trial. A thorough investigation that found no evidence of guilt or found evidence of false accusations would have justified the claim. If you do not adhere to even the lowest legal standards, you cannot claim that your legalistic conclusions have any real substance.
    Itsa joke about the President declaring someone innocent. The courts never find people innocent even when reaching a not-guilty verdict.

The only joke was the sham investigation, worthy of a banana republic.

Itsa joke about the President declaring someone innocent. The courts never find people innocent even when reaching a not-guilty verdict.
    A not guilty verdict means people can say they've been "proven innocent" of the charges in a court of law. And you know damn well this wasn't a court trial, so the standards of proof and evidence are different (lower). If you felt Kavanaugh's testimony was more credible than Dr. Ford's, it would still be a he said/she said scenario that could only be sussed out with a full FBI investigation. Not the sham background check that didn't interview either one of them.

Besides, Kavanaugh lied under oath during his senate confirmation process, well before the sexual assault allegations came to light, and that should have been enough to disqualify him for the position. But his pre-prepared conspiratorial rant and written apology the next day showed he doesn't have the temperament for the highest court. It was unacceptable that a sitting federal judge treated (Democrat) senators with such contempt and disrespect, especially Klobuchar, and not as constitutional co-equals.

But congrats to partisan Republicans (like McConnell) for confirming a young member of the Federalist Society to a life term on SCOTUS and re-designing the court for generations?? Maybe now we'll get to see what they really think about Executive powers and Presidential privileges....

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post

lol

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ud-allegations

Silly forum doesn't want that link out of the box when I quote post. Anyway for clarity - LOL

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ud-allegations

If only you were equally concerned with justice when a Trumpist was in trouble with the law. But we all know your only principle is making the libs cry.

So liberals are crying that scum bag lawyer is likely going to prison? Sad.

Haven't seen anyone support him.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Haven't seen anyone support him.
    Did you sleep through 2018?

Did you sleep through 2018?
    What does it say about Democrats that they're willing to abandon someone once they're convicted of a serious crime? Meanwhile, you're still shilling for Stone.

What does it say about Democrats that they're willing to abandon someone once they're convicted of a serious crime? Meanwhile, you're still shilling for Stone.
    Serious crimes? Are we serious now? How many liberals defended child rapist Polanski? How many liberals (and influential ones like OBAMA) freely and regularly associated with known terrorist Bill Ayers? Hell look at all the liberals on college campuses where Che shirts.

Roger Stone is a braggadocios fool but he doesn't deserve years in prison. Especially when people we know who have lied under oath about FAR more serious matters have been given a free pass. And he certainly didn't need to have an FBI SWAT team drag him out of the house in the middle of the night with reports who "just happened to be in the area" filming it. That's true banana republic shit.

Its amazing how Reade's accusations are being pooh poohed away by the MSM. Such a change from the Kavanaugh hearings... That said neither women had sufficient evidence to bring forward that should derail a campaign or a nomination. Biden shouldn't be damaged by an accusation from 3 decades ago. But it would be swell if the media and the "believe women" crowd had a shred of consistency in their bones.

Its amazing how Reade's accusations are being pooh poohed away by the MSM. Such a change from the Kavanaugh hearings... That said neither women had sufficient evidence to bring forward that should derail a campaign or a nomination. Biden shouldn't be damaged by an accusation from 3 decades ago. But it would be swell if the media and the "believe women" crowd had a shred of consistency in their bones.
    You do remember that Trump admitted to this exact type of behavior, right?

The DNC is going to be extremely interesting. These allegations are very damaging. Beginning to think the Dem nomination might be in play again.

It should be anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    The DNC is going to be extremely interesting. These allegations are very damaging. Beginning to think the Dem nomination might be in play again.
    There are major flaws with the story so far, which is why major papers are refusing to report it. For starters, some of the people who allegedly verified the story haven't said so on record. The story also changed significantly once the accuser started to ingratiate herself with Bernie Bros. It's quite possible something happened, but it's also likely that the current story is made up.

There are major flaws with the story so far, which is why major papers are refusing to report it. For starters, some of the people who allegedly verified the story haven't said so on record. The story also changed significantly once the accuser started to ingratiate herself with Bernie Bros. It's quite possible something happened, but it's also likely that the current story is made up.
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-la...e-play-catalog

Like... really? Again I don't actually think there's enough evidence that it *should* be a campaign issue but these kinds of actions by the media are a bit telling.

Why was the Larry King episode removed?

Do I look like I work for CNN?

No doubt the DNC caused the hoax Covid outbreak to preempt the media from covering any Biden scandals while he campaigns against Trump (something the media also isn't covering)
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"