Thread: Trade Deal // Who Wins? Who Loses?

Default Trade Deal // Who Wins? Who Loses?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/01/polit...ces/index.html

"(CNN)The United States, Canada and Mexico came to a last minute agreement on a revised trade deal that could replace NAFTA. It's called the USMCA.

President Donald Trump and his Mexican and Canadian counterparts are expected to sign the deal by the end of November. It will then be up to Congress to approve the deal, which is likely to come up for a vote next year.
    Negotiations between Canada and the United States pushed right up to a deadline imposed by the Trump administration Sunday night, and details of the agreement were starting to emerge..
    Here are the biggest changes between the nearly 25-year-old NAFTA agreement and the new provisional USMCA."

I'm curious to see the international perspective here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/01/polit...ces/index.html

"(CNN)The United States, Canada and Mexico came to a last minute agreement on a revised trade deal that could replace NAFTA. It's called the USMCA.

President Donald Trump and his Mexican and Canadian counterparts are expected to sign the deal by the end of November. It will then be up to Congress to approve the deal, which is likely to come up for a vote next year.
    Negotiations between Canada and the United States pushed right up to a deadline imposed by the Trump administration Sunday night, and details of the agreement were starting to emerge..
    Here are the biggest changes between the nearly 25-year-old NAFTA agreement and the new provisional USMCA."

I'm curious to see the international perspective here.
    The new automotive requirements will probably increase costs, which will get passed on to consumers. On the surface, it seems like a positive for worker wages in MX, unless it just means jobs requiring higher wages will move back to the US.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

I'm more concerned with the increased prices for milk and dairy for the average US consumer. Every cent in that market counts far more than the auto industry.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    I'm more concerned with the increased prices for milk and dairy for the average US consumer. Every cent in that market counts far more than the auto industry.
    Oh, I totally agree. I'm not super concerned about the automotive effects, from a consumer standpoint anyway....
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)