Thread: Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Default Pathfinder: Kingmaker

I picked this up, and the game is actually pretty cool. I like a lot of the mechanics, and although I haven't gotten to the kingdom management portion, I'm looking forward to that too. Unfortunately, it looks like Kingmaker was pushed out the door a couple months too early, and it's got a few bugs and several balance problems. I haven't hit any showstopper bugs myself, just minor annoyances, but from the patchnotes it looks like people deep into the game were hitting showstoppers. On the plus side, it seems like devs are pushing pretty hard to fix up everything and add feature requests from the player base.

My biggest complaint right now is how difficult they make it to create a custom party in the early game.

I haven't made it past Act 1 yet, started over after the bandit lord fight proved too difficult for my party to handle. Even the trash mobs there were kicking my ass. Going to wait until they patch out more of the problems.

Anyone else get this, and if so, what are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Wraith; 10-10-2018 at 02:42 AM.

This popped up as recommended on Steam recently. Might pick it up at Christmas Sale time if its recommended by you (or others)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Tempted.

Played BG 1 & 2 loads - great games, so I like these sort of isometric RPGs. Though I haven't gotten in to them as much recently, tried Divinity: Original Sin and Tyranny, but I couldn't get immersed in either.

Won't pay the full price for this, not the least as a lot of the reviews are pointing out bugs as a first point and balance issues needing resolved as a second. So by the time these are resolved and there's a drop in price it may be worth it.

And am caught up in the little gem of a game that is Oxygen Not Included at the moment, and think I'll be stuck with its brilliantly challenging balancing act for some time to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.