Thread: Glad she isn't brain washing the next generation

Default Glad she isn't brain washing the next generation

http://www.fox9.com/news/minnesota-t...kavanaugh-post

Teacher openly wanting someone to "take one for the team" and assassinate our latest Supreme Court Justice resigned. Would of preferred if she got fired but this works too. That kind of mental illness needs to stay well away from the class room.

Do you just repost things from /r Donald?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Occasionally I'll also post things from CNN, Fox, etc. The Donald is actually an awesome resource for stories of leftists getting their just deserts. It's unlikely that MSNBC is going to be covering deranged leftists calling for assassination attempts.

Yes.

Note that he hasn't posted about the guy that threatened to harm senators for considering not confirming Kavanaugh.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I don't recall him saying anything about the Tea Party types that wanted someone to murder Obama either.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Well let's be open about this - neither 'side' has a monopoly on violence. You got crazies of all stripes.

Also it is critical because a lone crazy happens but a lone crazy who probably teaches 100s of kids a year, infecting them with her delusional nonsense? I find it telling that no one bothered to post a simple "great, this is good news."

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Well let's be open about this - neither 'side' has a monopoly on violence.
    'Some very fine people on both sides'

You slimy little inbred asshole.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

*shrug* majority of violent attacks (and planned attacks) on people are by right wing extremists.

The biggest terrorist threat to the US is Islamic extremism. The second biggest terrorist threat is right wing extremists.

No one else comes close.

Here's a report on terrorist attacks on the US since 9/11. Jihadists: 104. The far right: 73. Black extremists: 8

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...hos-behind-it/

Here's another one:

Click to view the full version

(Note that while the far right does more attacks, jihadis attacks are more deadly)

The facts are crystal clear. Anyone who tries to 'both sides' this one is a chick-shit liar. Lewk.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Yeah but what about the leftist conspiracy and bias how can you trust those statistics did the researchers check on r/thedonald perhaps we should wait for Q also nazis are actually leftists so the "right wing extremism" is probably 95% leftist extremism and how dishonest of you to not look at all crimes ever committed by people who've ever voted for democrats why don't you think protesting counts as terrorism and if you think about it affirmative action is the closest thing to extremism also leftists are trying to destroy American society by opening up the borders to violent savages from shithole countries who'll replace Europeans and that's the most extremist terrorism of all.

(cont'd in pt 2)

The_Donald is too busy having a hilarious meltdown over Taylor Swift and can't come to the phone right now.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Well let's be open about this - neither 'side' has a monopoly on violence. You got crazies of all stripes.

Also it is critical because a lone crazy happens but a lone crazy who probably teaches 100s of kids a year, infecting them with her delusional nonsense? I find it telling that no one bothered to post a simple "great, this is good news."
    Why would we? Doing that would mean we wouldn't be getting the goat of the "con-derr-vatives" like you for the "lulz", the way you're constantly trying to do to us.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    The biggest terrorist threat to the US is Islamic extremism. The second biggest terrorist threat is right wing extremists.

No one else comes close.

Here's a report on terrorist attacks on the US since 9/11. Jihadists: 104. The far right: 73. Black extremists: 8

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...hos-behind-it/

Here's another one:

Click to view the full version

(Note that while the far right does more attacks, jihadis attacks are more deadly)

The facts are crystal clear. Anyone who tries to 'both sides' this one is a chick-shit liar. Lewk.
    Oh god that study is awful. Here let's pick one of their examples:

https://www.gao.gov/assets/690/683984.pdf

White supremacist shot and killed 6 co-workers at
    Lockheed Martin Plant
    7/8/2003 Meridian Mississippi 6

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_shooting

In what world was this a terrorist attack as opposed to some loon going postal? Hell if someone marches in a BLM and 5 years later shoots up a store, is that a far-left terrorist attack?

Garbage in and Garbage out. Someone's political preference doesn't mean it is a far right terrorist attack if they kill someone. The actual act has to be done for the purpose of a political cause or it isn't terrorism.

"ter·ror·ism
    ˈterəˌrizəm/Submit
    noun
    the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

Troll failure.

That right-wing White Nationalist Republican teacher who got fired for hosting a racist blog probably wasn't fully discussed, since no one started a thread about it.

Lewk, it's odd how you don't apply the same standard to left-wingers or Muslims. I wonder why.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Lewk, it's odd how you don't apply the same standard to left-wingers or Muslims. I wonder why.
    Uh Muslim terrorists aren't hard to spot. They are the attacks that ISIS takes credit for, they are the ones who scream about God as they blow themselves up.

Not to be confused with honor killing which isn't terrorism though still quite the evil thing some Muslims do.

They are the attacks that ISIS takes credit for
    You seem to have a great deal of trust in ISIS.
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

Oh god that study is awful. Here let's pick one of their examples:

https://www.gao.gov/assets/690/683984.pdf

White supremacist shot and killed 6 co-workers at
    Lockheed Martin Plant
    7/8/2003 Meridian Mississippi 6

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_shooting

In what world was this a terrorist attack as opposed to some loon going postal? Hell if someone marches in a BLM and 5 years later shoots up a store, is that a far-left terrorist attack?

Garbage in and Garbage out. Someone's political preference doesn't mean it is a far right terrorist attack if they kill someone. The actual act has to be done for the purpose of a political cause or it isn't terrorism.

"ter·ror·ism
    ˈterəˌrizəm/Submit
    noun
    the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."
    Agree that's a bad example. Now, what about all the other ones that aren't?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Agree that's a bad example. Now, what about all the other ones that aren't?
    Eh? A number of those seem a bit of a stretch to link with far right terrorism - some that jumped out to me at a glance:

White supremacist and associate killed a child molester.
    White supremacist murdered his stepfather to gain “street cred”
    White supremacist murdered a convicted sex offender
    White supremacist shot and wounded 4 women then killed a man - The man that was killed was white
    Two white supremacists killed a husband and wife because the husband was a sex offender
    Far rightist murdered a homeless man

Similarly, some of the Islamic terrorist incidents also seem to be stretching the definition of terrorism:

Reshad Riddle, a convert to Islam, murdered his father
    Justin Nojan Sullivan, a convert to Islam, murdered his neighbor

The data does not purport to describe terrorism but rather violence by extremists, which is also the most appropriate category here. It's also a more reliable category.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    The data does not purport to describe terrorism but rather violence by extremists, which is also the most appropriate category here. It's also a more reliable category.
    Then attributing those attacks to far right terrorists/Islamic terrorists, as opposed to homicides committed by people who happened be Muslims or to hold far right beliefs that may or may not have motivated them would be misleading, no?
    Last edited by Enoch the Red; 10-11-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    Eh? A number of those seem a bit of a stretch to link with far right terrorism - some that jumped out to me at a glance:
    Sure, if you just look at the headline in the report.

For example, the 'white supremacist killed four people but the man who was killed was white' - that was pretty easy to find: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texa...-killed-1-7289 and it turns out the guy yelled 'white power' right before he opened up.

So that must have been a pretty big clue right there.

Also: "A recurring theme from witness statements was that the suspect was yelling racial epithets," Another strong hint as to the shooters motive.
    Last edited by Steely Glint; 10-11-2018 at 05:09 PM.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Sure, if you just look at the headline in the report.

For example, the 'white supremacist killed four people but the man who was killed was white' - that was pretty easy to find: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texa...-killed-1-7289 and it turns out the guy yelled 'white power' right before he opened up.

So must have been a pretty big clue right there.

Also: "A recurring theme from witness statements was that the suspect was yelling racial epithets," Another strong hint as to the shooters motive.
    Screaming, "White Power," before shooting a white man doesn't strike me as entirely sensible, if the motive was strictly race based. Although it does appear that the women he shot beforehand were minorities, and as you mentioned there were reports of racial epithets.

I don't think 'sensible' is on the list of things to check for when looking at ideologically motivated violence.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Screaming, "White Power," before shooting a white man doesn't strike me as entirely sensible, if the motive was strictly race based.
    Most terrorism isn't strictly sensible from a number of perspectives. You know the primary victims of the Algerian insurgency during their war to get rid of the French? It was neither Frenchmen nor French sympathizers. It was locals who were neutral or even emotionally on their side but relatively uninvolved. It's about polarizing societies. A white supremacist killing another white person who isn't right there with him trying to cow the rest is a perfectly normal tactic. Terrorism, creating a climate of fear, isn't just for your opponents it's for extorting more from your own "side". And that's completely ignoring the common aphorism "if you're not with us, you're against us" which is common to the fringe everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Most terrorism isn't strictly sensible from a number of perspectives. You know the primary victims of the Algerian insurgency during their war to get rid of the French? It was neither Frenchmen nor French sympathizers. It was locals who were neutral or even emotionally on their side but relatively uninvolved. It's about polarizing societies. A white supremacist killing another white person who isn't right there with him trying to cow the rest is a perfectly normal tactic. Terrorism, creating a climate of fear, isn't just for your opponents it's for extorting more from your own "side". And that's completely ignoring the common aphorism "if you're not with us, you're against us" which is common to the fringe everywhere.
    Point taken and fair enough. That still leaves a number of other murders that don't seem to have much to do with race or politics. In short, I don't think Lewk was doing anything remarkable by questioning the data set.

Then attributing those attacks to far right terrorists/Islamic terrorists, as opposed to homicides committed by people who happened be Muslims or to hold far right beliefs that may or may not have motivated them would be misleading, no?
    It's misleading if, on the whole, their ideology is irrelevant. Afaict that is not the case overall. The violence is of course a part of these ideologies. The choice of ideology is a symptom as much as it is a cause.

Screaming, "White Power," before shooting a white man doesn't strike me as entirely sensible, if the motive was strictly race based. Although it does appear that the women he shot beforehand were minorities, and as you mentioned there were reports of racial epithets.
    It's not particularly strange. Extremists hate "traitors" nearly as much—sometimes more—than their primary enemies. In the case of white supremacists, their enemies include untold numbers of leftists, interlopers and sheeple.

Point taken and fair enough. That still leaves a number of other murders that don't seem to have much to do with race or politics. In short, I don't think Lewk was doing anything remarkable by questioning the data set.
    Maybe we could go with the idea that the reason these stories were included in the report is that there's actually more to these stories than is obvious from just the headlines, as with the example I found in less than 10 seconds, using Google?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come