Thread: Parked fighter threat eliminated

Default Parked fighter threat eliminated

Hey Hazir, I know it's over in Belgium and not the Netherlands but what's this I'm hearing about you guys playing Cowboys and Indians with parked F-16s? The only news source I've got on it is the Daily Mail.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

What about the parked F-22s?

Hope is the denial of reality

I dunno. I think a maintenance guy accidentally activating the autocannon and destroying another parked plane is still the bigger WTF, even if leaving the F-22s to the storm has a higher price tag.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I dunno. I think a maintenance guy accidentally activating the autocannon and destroying another parked plane is still the bigger WTF, even if leaving the F-22s to the storm has a higher price tag.
    AIUI they weren't left by negligence either. They were left because they weren't flight ready, mission available rates for the F-22 being what they are. While this is an obvious issue more generally with the F-22, those planes that were capable of being evacuated were indeed relocated, and the rest were moved to shelters that just weren't capable of withstanding the full brunt of the hurricane.

It's probably ruinously expensive, especially since the F-22 buy was cut so short and the F-35 is a poor excuse for an air superiority fighter. But it's not negligence.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Well, they are Belgians Don't these guns have some kind of safety on them?

Unless it was accidentally on purpose to force the discussion about replacing the f16s by destroying them
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

It's hardly surprising; Belgium is very segregated and autocannons are generally excluded from society which obviously leads to tensions.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."