Thread: Which political clan are you in?

Default Which political clan are you in?

Sort of like a more different version of the political compass that has been here before. From a British survey company that's divided the country into ten 'clans' but the questions are somewhat universal and not especially British so I imagine it would work for others on the forum. There are a few references to UK/GB in the questions, answer as if it asks about your own country, they're not especially British-specific. It advises to pick your answers quickly, I completed it in a minute or two. The interactive survey is halfway down this article: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8599586.html

Spoiler:
    I got 2 clans 'Modern Working Life' and 'Orange Book' which seems appropriate.

Modern Working Life clan members are strong believers of the virtues of hard work and social mobility, supporting the view that it is always possible to achieve your goals, so long as you work hard. On balance most MWL clan members believe the individual, not the state, should be responsible for their own well-being, and tend to have liberal views on the environment, LGBT rights and gender equality.

Orange Bookers combine centre ground views on the economy with liberal views on society and immigration. The title refers to 'The Orange Book - Reclaiming Liberalism', penned by prominent Lib Dem politicians, and advocates liberal solutions to various social and economic issues. Orange Bookers are some of the most supportive clansmen of free trade, free movement and multiculturalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Most of this disguised personality test is about separating people who are inclined to answer that they strongly agree/disagree with extreme statements from those who are inclined to only agree or disagree somewhat. As a rule, I disregard personality tests. In this case, small changes (of the kind that depend on mood and other arbitrary factors) suffice to shift me to/from the Global Green Community and the Orange Bookers. Both are wrong, or at least neither are right, judging from the in-depth explanations in the report underlying the test.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

BTI – Bastions of Tradition & the Individual

Those in the Bastions of Tradition & the Individual clan combine support for a small state and low taxation, with 'small c' conservative views on social issues, immigration and family life. Members of the BTI Clan are strong supporters of traditional British institutions such as the Royal Family and tend to celebrate Britain's colonial heritage.

I refuse to join any clan that will have me as a member.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Gryffindor
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I refuse to join any clan that will have me as a member.

I don't like personality tests in general, let alone ones that want to "group" me into political categories.